You can type here any text you want

55# Low Imp Injectors vs 60#

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TType85

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I'm adding an Alkycontrol kit to my car when it goes back together. Currently I have a modded ECM with Siemens 55# injectors. They probably have 25K miles on them since they were put in a dozen or so years ago.

With the alky kit I was going to order a TT chip but got to thinking if I should go to the 60# newer injectors too.

Is there any advantage to the 60's over the 55's I currently have?

I know if my ECM goes out it is going to be a pain to get a modified one again. This car is going to be tuned to max boost on 91/alky with the combo below.

55's = modded ecm 60' s = reg ecm not much difference 60 lbs are easy to find. You said it mod ecm is hard to find.

Type85, I was thinking about changing my 50lb and chip to the TT chip and injectors... Seems like everyone uses TT?

Type85, I was thinking about changing my 50lb and chip to the TT chip and injectors... Seems like everyone uses TT?

I could be wrong, but a TA-66 with ported heads probably pushes the 50's a bit so the 60's might be a bit better.

It seems that the TT chips or the Extender chips from Full Throttle are the way to go. Back when I had my 85 (put in a 86 drive train) I used chips made by JayC mostly.

55's are good injectors, you already own them no reason to make such a small change in injector size...When you need to upgrade because you ran out of injector then make the move to 80's

this may show my lack of knowldge, but everyone tells me I need bigger injectors with the car I have, but how do you know there too small, and what is the size you need

That is a good question. The basic estimate is .5 lb/hr per horsepower on gasoline.

600 hp = 300 lb/hr total fuel required

6 cylinders at 50 lb/hr each = 300 lb/hr............... but this would be the bare minimum.

Turbo cars tend to need more than this, and you want some margin for error.

With todays modern chips/controls you can run an oversized injector with little problem (within reason), so you can buy injectors today to match the turbo you plan to buy tomorrow.

Bob

Back