You can type here any text you want

5x120 ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1984 t-type

Murphy's Law
So I was surfing the net for some wheel ideas and ran across a set I like, they were on a Iroc Camaro which has the same bolt pattern as ours but the guy said that the wheel bolt pattern was actually a 5x120. I went on the manufactures web site and they are indeed a 5x120. So what's the deal do the 5x4.75 and 5x120 interchange because I really want these wheels. Thanks

they physically fit, but ...... 4 3/4 is really 120.65
so by forcing them on you are NOT safe, I know people do it, but think about what
it is doing, it is forcing the studs to bend outward, and if you hit a pot hole, well you get the idea.
there are way to make them fit,
but if they are brand new, talk to the manufacture and tell them' what size you need.

120mm is 4.7244 inches.. that's .0256 difference in diameter, or .0128 difference in radius..
so at worst, each stud deflects outward just under 13 thousandths of an inch..

lots of people run 120mm wheels on their GM cars and abuse the hell out of them without issues as long as the center hub diameter is the same.. worst case, it can't be any worse than running the old style unilug wheels with the slotted holes...

Get adapters like I did

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 123
For some reason I always thought that the adapters would push the wheel out too far.....I guess not

depends on the wheels and adapters... if you are starting out with 8" wide wheels that have 6" of backspacing and use a 2" thick adapter, you would wind up with an effective backspacing of 4", which is perfect..

Back