You can type here any text you want

6 1/2" speakers in the CSII Pods

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sholdwick

Has anybody mounted 6 1/2" speakers in the door pods of the concertsoundII system? I am looking at somthing higher end and it would be a mid driver from a component system. I would assume that most higher end speakers are to deep to clear.

It has been done w/ the CSII pods. (do a search in the archives - there was a thread about this about a year ago)

I personally don't know how it could be done (well at least). They just don't fit...

I have altered my doors & panels extensively to get a 6.5 to fit & look right.

hey zam i was gettig ready to tackle this soon myself do you run into any problems with the window going all the way down? i use all cadence speakers but there 61/2's are pretty beefy didnt know if i would have to build some fiberglass panels, and it sounds like youve gone through all the headaches already!!!!

I spaced mine out with a 1/2" spacer (mounted flat to the door, no CSII bracket), moved the power window motor back a 1/2" and everything cleared. I did have to rebuild the botom of the doors since I was ditching the CSII assembly. I am currently rebuilding the old rebuild to make everything clear my roll cage (pics soon!).

It's tight...you have the window motor to one side the stop guide on the other. The actual window wasn't a problem.
It seems magnet width is more of the problem than depth.

thanks for the info it always makes it easier when someone else does the hard part.....:D

Back