You can type here any text you want

6.650 rods !!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GBGN1

stroked
I was looking for 6.350 rods and got a set off a board member. They ended up being 6.650 long. All other dementions are correct for a wide journal rod. Are these any good? I thought past 6.5 rod length puts too much stress on the cyl walls and places the pin too high in the piston? Need to know ASAP cause I might have to get money back!!!!

Didn't you bring the length issue up in his for sale thread and he still said they were 6.35's. Get your money back. With a 6.5" rod you would already be compromising the piston design by either putting the pin into the oil ring groove or having the rings too high. A 6.65 will be even worse. The only time they might be ok would be if you were running a 3" stroke crank or shorter.

K1 has a wide journal 6.35 off-center rods available for around ~$550 through flatlander racing. For off-center wide journal you want part numer k1 bh6350arlb-wj6-a . I returned a set of these to K1 just a couple months ago, so they may still have some in stock. The only other choice in new rods are Crower billet's from TA at more than twice that.

Yes mike I did and he swore that that they were the correct length . They are the rods he was selling in August - he took the card out of the box with specs but the part number is on the box. Further more when he sent them to me they are in a child's and Albert box but he was saying that they were Carrillo's. What a con man - now he's saying I'm playing games and I swapped the rods for different one I must have had laying around. I'm going to do a write up with pics tonight on feedback section of me measuring them. Can't believe this guys doing this .

Back