You can type here any text you want

60 Foot Times With Gas Shocks

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SCOOBY DOO

BASED CANADIAN PATRIOT!!
For those of you racing your car with gas shocks at all four corners, could you post your 60 foot times off the foot brake.

well best with street tires was a 1.8 but I have an 84 and that was almost stock is was running 14.0. dont know if that helps.

I've seen 1.6 with slicks. He didn't even have boxed lowers.

I've run 1.8 60 ft's on ET streets. Could do more probably if I could hold more boost at the line.

This was with Eibach lowering springs.

low 1.5's. Stage motor car though.
1.43-1.45's off the transbrake.. same shocks.. gabriels in the back. Bilsteins on the front.

1.58 on 28" x 9.5" M/T ET Drags with KYBs in the back, and only cargo coils. Stock LCAs and swaybar with 100K mile bushings too.

Best so far on the 255/50/16 M/T DRs is a 1.661. 17psi in them with a moderate burnout.

Oh, these times are with a front swaybar; 36mm at that.

1.58 on 28" x 9.5" M/T ET Drags with KYBs in the back, and only cargo coils. Stock LCAs and swaybar with 100K mile bushings too.

Best so far on the 255/50/16 M/T DRs is a 1.661. 17psi in them with a moderate burnout.

Oh, these times are with a front swaybar; 36mm at that.

Scott, may I ask what front shocks you're running?

Scott, may I ask what front shocks you're running?

Im running KYBs at all corners. I think they are the GR-2s, but Im not positive. I got a deal on em. Car rides good on the GTAs too.

New best DR 60' time of 1.66 happened yesterday. 17psi in the M/Ts, 10psi in each airbag, and a FullThrottle 1 & 3/8 rear bar. Launched at 8-10psi. Have the braces in the back and the front frame as well.

Im running KYBs at all corners. I think they are the GR-2s, but Im not positive. I got a deal on em. Car rides good on the GTAs too.

New best DR 60' time of 1.66 happened yesterday. 17psi in the M/Ts, 10psi in each airbag, and a FullThrottle 1 & 3/8 rear bar. Launched at 8-10psi. Have the braces in the back and the front frame as well.

Thanks for the info Scott.

Thanks for the info Scott.

The 1.58 60' I had on the slicks happened on a cold November day on a 15psi launch back in '07. Ive since also added boxed stock LCAs in the rear with new rubber bushings. The front suspension is stock except for the shocks and 36mm swaybar, with poly bushings and links.

My new convertor and suspension setup seems to work well.

The 1.58 60' I had on the slicks happened on a cold November day on a 15psi launch back in '07. Ive since also added boxed stock LCAs in the rear with new rubber bushings. The front suspension is stock except for the shocks and 36mm swaybar, with poly bushings and links.

My new convertor and suspension setup seems to work well.

I picked up a 36 mm swaybar last fall...waiting for the last of the snow up here (Toronto) to melt to install it.

I picked up a 36 mm swaybar last fall...waiting for the last of the snow up here (Toronto) to melt to install it.

If you havent bought the bushings yet, I posted up the part numbers for the Energy Suspension poly bushing and links in the Junkyard forum.

If you havent bought the bushings yet, I posted up the part numbers for the Energy Suspension poly bushing and links in the Junkyard forum.

Thanks Scott. I've got a new set of links...but haven't purchased the bushings as of yet.

1.58 60' leaving at 8psi on the foot brake. M/T 28x9-15 slicks. Stock rear suspension with a snubber and 2 bags.

E.T. is in my sig.

1.56' on 255/60 R15 MT radials 15psi in the tires and bilstein shocks front and rear. The car has belltech 1.5 drop springs out back

Back