You can type here any text you want

60' Times

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86 TR

Work In Progress
I just run my car last weekend and the best 60' was a 1.62 which I didn't think was too bad considering I have a stock suspension with 2 airbags and a snubber. Im running 28x9.0-15 m/t et drags.

What kind of air press. do you guys and gals run in the bags. I was runnin 6psi, drivers side, and 15psi pass. side. Will playing around with the pressures make a difference in the 60'? I just run it the way it was for 4 passes and I had the slicks aired to 14psi with a 5psi boost launch. To result in a 11.39 @ 118 mph.

Just curious as to what would help decrease my 60' times. And Im using just stock shocks too.

When my old grey car was in the 1.45 - 1.48 60ft range, I was running 10.5psi in the tires set when cold 28x10.5" ET Drags on 15x10" wheels, 27psi in the passengers side air bag, and 7psi in the drivers side air bag. I had South Side Machine lower bars, Metco rear sway bar, no front sway bar and 90/10 front shocks. This was leaving on a trans brake with a Stage II setup.

My old white car was a 11 oh, 11 teen car with the same suspension setup, same air pressures in the bags and same tire pressure in ET Streets. Best was a 1.52 60ft on that car. The trick was launching on 12-15psi of boost with the production motor setup. The Stage II setup obviously would be launched on lower boost. Typically 8-9psi.
I've experimented with tire pressures of 12-10.5psi cold and found that pure slicks or ET Street bias plys that are 28" tall, work very well on 11 - 10.5 psi range set cold, on a properly prepped track. Launching hard on high boost levels required higher air bag pressures for me.
Just my O2's worth.

Patrick

stageright transbrake.. should be worth a tenth or two on the 60ft..

I guess maybe I should try a higher boost launch. Play with the air press. in the slicks and see what happens. At the track the other day I didn't want to break anything as I drove it 70 miles each way. But I did hold the brakes just to see how much boost I could hold and it actually held 12psi.

When I had the trans. rebuilt my builder asked me if I wanted a transbrake and I said no. Im kind of wishing I did go with one now.

Back