.63 Exh housing Machining for T70 Turbo

buickboy

I have a TE51 with a PTE .63 Exhaust housing. and will be upgrading to a T70 soon. I wantto keep the PTE Exh housing if possible on the new turbo. Is it possible to machine the housing for the bigger wheel on the 70 turbo?
Mitch

very possible but you'd be better off to stick with a garret housing on the 70

my 70 spools faster than any 51 turbo i've seen or drove

and i had a 51 before my 70.. afew to be exact :)

Red-
Tell me your theory of using a Garrett over a PTE housing for performance and spoolup!
Mitch

best bet is to get the turbo and bolt it on then switch it to a pte housing and see which one you like better.

garret definatly out spools pte's and with a turbo the size of a 70 you really wont need the 2 mph they claim

no problems here running 127 thru a garret .63 on my 70 and changed to a .82 housing and still spooled good and run the 133 mph thru the garret

I'm changng to 4 bolt turbonetics now so i'll be out the 3 bolt game on my car

you'll be surprized when you bolt on a 70 with garret housing and it out spools that 51 ;)

will need a 34-3500 converter with a 70 turbo for best performance with garret .63

what housing is coming with the 70 your going to get?

I have a GT70 on order from Innovative with a PTE 82 housing. I am hoping with Dual Ball bearings it will not need that high of a convertor. Its a street car, not a race car. :D