You can type here any text you want

68 Buick wagon with hopped up rat motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ssg Ken

My wife wants a bigger car that is not high like an SUV. Since they are not made she is looking at this Buick:

Buick:eBay Motors (item 280340508051 end time May-10-09 14:39:22 PDT)

They want $12,500. I like the whole air system from the carb, intake manifold, exhaust manifolds and pipes back seem quite straight.

Another possible wagon is:

Oldsmobile:eBay Motors (item 290314089809 end time May-10-09 17:10:16 PDT)

The good wagons are over $12000 and the $4000 wagons all seem to have problems. What would you do if you needed a wagon but will need a new knee sometime and cannot climb into a SUV?

Not too sure where the price on that Olds comes from. Imagination land? That big ugly turd will set forever like most mid 70's till they realize it's just a turd.

Not keen on the price of the Buick either. Not that it isn't cool. But I hate how the faux wood paintjob was done. Total redo, priced that these days? And it makes no mention of trans. Which would indicate it's likelyhood of having a TH400. The thing about wagons is they aren't worth much on their own, but can contain lots of expensive stuff the same as any other old car. And I wouldn't be givin big dollars without it already having an OD trans built by a reputable company. Doubt they'd take 1K over it's current price, but and it's just me, I wouldn't offer more were I looking. Just keep looking around. Seems like a sound plan. You'll find something. I'm wanting to build a '71/2 Satellite wagon into a RR wagon someday when I get thru my backlog.

its 2009.....

she only wants an old type of wagon?

you can drive those things forever and they are very comfortable but not into any like newer corssover type wagons?

That Safari would be a nice wagon to drop a warmed over 403 Olds in since it's got a poopy 307. It would suprise some ricers!

that wagon is CLEAN! would make a nice little sleeper, that's for sure.

The lines of the early 70's GM wagons have always been my favorites. Catalina and LeSabre noses just look at home on a big ole family hauler! But there was a mid 60's Pontiac runnin around here a few yrs back. That was wicked cool! Don't go the hearse route tho. Not geared for the highway and Too Big to park em! Sold off my 62 Cad Eureka Landau. It was a full 3' longer than the Suburban it replaced!

Don't go the hearse route tho. Not geared for the highway and Too Big to park em! Sold off my 62 Cad Eureka Landau. It was a full 3' longer than the Suburban it replaced!

I will assume you mean a real hearse and its not a joke name for a big wagon. Here is a BIG car

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1951-Pontiac-ACME-Limousine-An-Easy-Finish_W0QQitemZ220411206650QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item3351881bfa&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Thank you. We have made a $3000 offer on the clean Olds. See what happens. Hmm. it did not auto link. IT is a 36" stretch limo

Yeah! Google "Marylin Monroe Death" It'll pull pics of the '62 Landau that carried her. IMO the best looking hearses ever built! But @ 22'-8" long or something like that, you hunt for someplace to stop in it!

Ken take a look at this car and it has a turbo v6 in it. Geat price also.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/283818-1983-regal-wagon-bonus.html
1983 Regal Wagon with a bonus!
Have a 1983 Regal wagon daily driver for sale. Car has new paint (Maaco), new front seat upholstery, new headliner, complete set of 15" Buick ralleys and center caps. Odometer reads 85K, probably turned over once. This car was rescued from previous owner who neglected it for several year leaving it out in the weather.

Here's the bonus, it has an '87 Mr Goodwrench dealer replacement V6, 109 block. I bought it a little over a year ago with the idea of converting it to a turbo car but with all my other projects.....well, you know how it goes.

The car runs and drives fine and is very reliable. I did all the body prep before taking it to Maaco but must admit I missed several parking lot dings, looks great though from 10 ft. Body is solid, no rust, good glass, doors and tail gate shut fine.

I have always liked wagons and this one is no exception. They are much rarer than the Chevy Malibu or Olds Cutlass as Buick only made them in '82 and '83. I live in the Northwest so this car would probably not be worth shipping cross country unless someone is really hot for it. I still think it would be a good candidate for a hybrid or just a driver if that's all you want.

What do you think came with the block? More than a block?

I love the wagons for a play vehicle.

If it is being considered for a everyday car..personally I wouldn't do it.

I try to take advantage of todays technology with airbags, anti-lock brakes, crash cages and safety glass when it comes to my family members.

That's just me though...:)

Pontiac sold for $4500

I love the wagons for a play vehicle.

If it is being considered for a everyday car..personally I wouldn't do it.

I try to take advantage of todays technology with airbags, anti-lock brakes, crash cages and safety glass when it comes to my family members.

That's just me though...:)

Air bags have pros and cons. There is a big increase in Europe of hearing loss
from the side bags deploying with their, what is sort of a big blank shotgun shell, being fired next to your ear. This is not needed if the belts are worn. While the "crush zone" fender and frame tech imparts energy slowly to the people, it totals the car. My buddy who bought two 88 Olds 1981 sedans brayed about how in insurance lingo if a typical 1981 car cost $1000 per event to fix, his 88;s only cost $870. If the fender is bent it can be softened to fix. Not so on a frame less car.

She does not like the idea of the cabin style of today's very modern cars. Of course that is her. To each their own.

As far as side or "curtain" air bags go this is my take. There was an accident down the street from me a couple of months ago. A new Dodge pu hit a Honda Element in the front rt fender area. Damage was heavy to both cars, actually the truck fared worse. A girl about 9 years old was in the passenger seat of the Element. The side cutain had deployed. It stopped her head from busting through the window and smacking into the truck. She was conscience and walking around fine unlike the driver that broke her wrist. I believe that side curtain either saved her life or prevented her from a major injury. When I was talking to the firefighter that helped them, he said she was very lucky that the Element had those curtains.

Back