You can type here any text you want

69 camaro didn't wanna bite

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turboaddict2

It was 10:30 at night. I was on the entry ramp going to the parkway when I spotted this badass looking 69 Camaro. So there i was checking out the back of the car. I was one car length behind it. This car had huge pro street tires on the back and the small wheels up front. It even had wheelie bars on it! Something you would only see at the racetrack! Very nice car too with a purple and yellow paint job. So I'm thinking, "Should I race this guy from a 65 mph roll? He'll humiliate me!" So I said to myself what the heck its not every day I see a pro street car like that on the highway and get to race it. So he was cruising at maybe 65 mph when I catch up to him and we're right next to each other. Then he actually gunned it a little but not WOT and went several car lengths ahead of me. I didn't react because I wanted to see how fast his car accelerated. It looked good doing it as the rear end squatted and the car leaped forward. So he goes back to cruising mode as I catch up to him and we are head to head again. This time I gunned it a little to get his attention and let him hear my turbo spool up. Hell, he probably couldn't hear it because his motor is so loud compared to my little 6. Then I slow down and let him catch up and we are head to head again. Now I was going to try to take this guy(I'm just setting myself to get embarrased huh?). When we were head to head I just went WOT and got ahead of him by maybe 7 car lengths. I was like wait a minute I shouldn't be ahead and he should have killed me by now. So thats when I realized that he didn't want to get on it and race. I know if he did get on it the same time I got on it that he would have killed me by like 20 car lengths. I wouldn't care anyways because I know a pro street 69 camaro like that will hand my ass to me anyday and it was an experience just being next to a car like that on the highway. My car is only stock motor with usual bolt ons and SMC alky. So its basically a mild gn for now. Not a kill but I thought I would post it anyway. So I had to exit to go home while he stayed on the parkway.

I see your from Edison, not too many GN's around here. I see one all the time though, asian guy driving it. Is that you?

what kinda times are you getting with your alky ? Im looking into one as well, and my motor is a basic recipe.

Definitly do NOT judge a car by how it looks....someone I know runs a 4 linked, pro-streeted '71 Cuda (I think thats the year) with a 440 Big Block and a 6-71 BDS blower, it is caged and all. The car looks like it should run low 9s at least but guess what.....11.60's @115 and he trailers it to the race track. If I could paste a picture on this I would show you the engine.

Brian

yeah no kidding...never judge a car by the way it sounds/looks because you just never know...one time at the track during a street race night i had to line up against this older fox body mustang that had a huge blower sticking out of the hood and HUGE slicks in the back, cage, bars, you name it...the guys were looking at my car laughing with these tiny 8.5" slicks and saw my motor and asked why it was so small? i said how big is your motor? they go "468" i was like oh great i am gonna get killed...this thing was idling like a pro stock massive big block rumbler...i couldn't even hear my car because it was so loud...then the guys go "hey it's all fun and games...we are just trying to tune this thing...it should be running 10's no problem"

we stage and i launch with 12 lbs of boost on the stock turbo...we were even for about a few seconds and then i start gradually pulling him and finally beat him at the finish line by about a car length...i was like WHAT THE HELL that's not possible...i saw the guys later on and they gave me this puzzled look on their faces like my car wasn't from this planet or something...so yeah never judge a car by it's looks or by the way it sounds...hell you can make ANY mustang sound mean or even a truck for that matter...:rolleyes:

Thats it? 11.60's with a car(Cuda) like that? Sure does sound like a 9 or 8 second car with all that stuff. That dude in the stang was probably real embarrased getting beat by a car that has a motor twice as small as his 468! Good to hear you beat him!

Back