You can type here any text you want

69 chevelle 540 big block goes down

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

matt87

he he nothing like a cocky chevy big block kill to make your day! i was at the local street races saturday night on rt.37 in warwick ri. we had a good turn out with lots american muscle. some guy was supposed to be coming from weymouth mass and everyone heard the rumors that it was a low 11 second 540 bb. when he pulled up it sounded very healthy. he proceded to put on his slicks and race gas as everyone gawked at his car. ( the general public thinks louder it is,the faster it must be) so anyways he parked his car across the street next to mine. i wanted to put the rest of my race gas in that i had in a 5 gallon container so as i walked to my car, there was the chevelle owner with his hood opened showing it off to another guy. i overheard the guy asking if he thought the GN had anything for him ,they both laughed and the chevelle owner kiddingly said "yeah right" well that pissed me off a bit but its common. people still and i think always will have "NO CLUE WHAT A GN IS CAPABLE OF". so as the night wore on i challenged him to a head up race and he agreed. so the caravan of onlookers headed to the spot and we did too. i had my 69 year old father with me and he LOVES riding shotgun. so we both do nice long burnouts and stage. it was very cold so i knew if i came out hard it would spin. i counted 1 2 3 and we left pretty even, i managed to put a length on him and kept it the whole way. it was a great race and he was very humble after the race. i never heard another cocky remark out of anyone else that night.

nice kill

I guess we will just have to keep showing them what these little 6's will do for them and have fun doing it............:D

Good kill

All those cubes and he still couldn't beat u... Something must be wrong with his V8, cause there's no way in hell a little V6 could beat a big rumbling V8 even if that V6 has a turbo and intercooler LOL;) Keep educating those clueless BB owners on how a little V6 can beat their BB V8:D

NO way

there is no way that you could have beat that BB unless he missed third gear and was runnig on 7 cylinders, thats the most bs ive heard all day my buick will handle any v6 unless its got mods so get ur story straight kid!

bs flag

buick455,
u should probably look at his sig before you go raise the BS flag. according to his sig, he runs 11.9...you run a 13.0...maybe a 12.7 at best if you had slicks. in my book, the lower ET wins but i'm not sure about you. if he ran you, would you win just because u had more cubic inches? it's all about LAUNCH, HORSEPOWER and FINAL ET. i had a good friend that passed away from stomach cancer who owned a Merlin 540/560hp motor and it took all of the motor to get him to a mid 11 with his 66 Malibu full weight car. factor in if nervousness, street traction and bad launch - it's a valid kill IMO. he never stated that he "killed" the other car. he matter of factly stated, "i managed to put a length on him and kept it the whole way." a close race but still a KILL.
don't be so quick to judge....

nice kill MATT. :D

hey no shame in my game! some hard line cubic inch guys are still stuck in the 60's. not to mention just because you have 540 cubes means its tuned perfectly either. long live the 60's! oh by the way i'm 26 so i must not know a dam thing about fast cars.

That 11.9 was run in the dead of winter on street tires too! We just put a new Vigilante converter in Matts car so I'm sure it's got to be running well into the low 11's. I love how a guy who has no idea what Matts car is capable of still finds it necessary to talk $hit! Oh well!

Jacob

sorry

i was on my high horse and couldnt belive that u beat him but after thinking about it i think it could happen so good kill, and im looking for a set of headers for a big block will pay up to a 1000 canadian.....again im sorry

Re: sorry

Originally posted by 1969_buick455
i was on my high horse and couldnt belive that u beat him but after thinking about it i think it could happen so good kill, and im looking for a set of headers for a big block will pay up to a 1000 canadian.....again im sorry

A little late, but showing class none the less. :)

Ryan

its funny, i used to think my car was the fastest just cause my engine size (which isnt even that big...just 351!). anyway, i recall laughing at other cars and would seriously say stuff (not to them, but to my friends) my engine is bigger than their car! they dont stand a chance. That was till i learned something and now i know my car is slow...but displacement doesnt hurt! except in the gas department, but thats another story. good kill!

Calling Matt and JACOB

I escaped the wife last Saturday night and went down looking for street races where the BJ's in Seekonk used to be...but nobody was there! Where are the rt 37 street races? I want to play!!!!!!
Guys, help me find the local scene would ya

Bryan
North Smithfield RI

thericapitos@hotmail.com

87 GN 29k miles

12.52 ET

Probably heard this before.

Replacement for displacement=TR Just a fact.:cool:

Re: bs flag

Originally posted by NOSjohnWE4
buick455,
u should probably look at his sig before you go raise the BS flag. according to his sig, he runs 11.9...you run a 13.0...maybe a 12.7 at best if you had slicks. in my book, the lower ET wins but i'm not sure about you. if he ran you, would you win just because u had more cubic inches? it's all about LAUNCH, HORSEPOWER and FINAL ET. i had a good friend that passed away from stomach cancer who owned a Merlin 540/560hp motor and it took all of the motor to get him to a mid 11 with his 66 Malibu full weight car. factor in if nervousness, street traction and bad launch - it's a valid kill IMO. he never stated that he "killed" the other car. he matter of factly stated, "i managed to put a length on him and kept it the whole way." a close race but still a KILL.
don't be so quick to judge....

Well said!!
You need to lighten up 69Buick455, we are all Buicks here no matter if it's V8 or V6!
I've stomped plenty of V8's who thought they were fast!

fast86

thanks fast86...he came into reality though. i'm glad we can all get along in here. good points. :)

If my calculating skills don't fail me here...

a 231 inch V6 @ 20psi boost is roughly the equivelent of a 540 cube NA engine! (not to mention the much-less rotating mass for the HP to overcome...)

THERE'S your displacement replacement!
:)

Wow, and where is this Chevelle at? My 80 Malibu with a 482 runs 10.40s all motor. Sorry man, but he should've beat you. Maybe I can win some $$$ from him.

lil ol six, if i had a dollor for every "supposed" 10 sec big block i've beat, i'd have a stage twin turbo car in my garage! i figure i was running low 11's at around 120 that night with my new combo and he was right there one car lenght back. i was not pulling him at all! his car was a full weight all metal, no spray car so i guess hed be running similiar times as me. not to mention he was a cocky bastard that thought my car was a pooch.

Back