6x9 install help

Reaper

Pit Bitch
ok a while back i bought a pair of Crystal audio 6x9s for a hell of a price. i bought the adapters for the speakers and the guy told me that they would fit. well they dont! thy will not clear the 2 horizontal struts run across the back of the trunk. what can i do to make these fit?

any suggestions would be nice, keep in mind that i would like to be able to undo any thing.

Dathan

hack out some more metal so that it will bolt up, make your own 4x10-to-6x9 converter that is shorter, or delete the tension bars and go with a shock type setup like what Audiowizard has (follow the link in his sig to see a picture. Or return those and get a shorter set of speakers.

Well if it is the hangers you are having problems with you just need to reverse them. There is a specific left and right although not labeled. The plastic spacers should be mounted to the 6 x 9 and then clipped into the factory location witht the hangers. There is NOT a specific left and right for the plastic spacers. Unless you have a really oversized 6 x 9 just about any 6 x 9 will go up in there without cutting or pounding any metal.
Goodluck,Edward Huerta/Struckby