You can type here any text you want

72 NOVA, Rally/SS clone..70K...Must See

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

oldskoolrcr

Let me begain with the history of this Nova. It was bought new by my parents in 1973 as a leftover,Was givin to me in 1980.I drove it on the street for 2 years. Since 1983 it has been in the condition you see, has not seen rain or snow since. Was street raced and track raced. In 1988 I sold the car to a very close freind who has owned it since. It spent the whole time he owned it being bracket raced, and kept in climete controlled shop, through the winters. My 16 year old son recently bought it back because he wanted his Dads old street car. He has since discovered it is not what he wants, being he wants a everyday all weather cond. driver. This is a Very nice attention getting Nova. Now let me tell you about the car itself.

The motor is a .030 355 cu.
6" ealge rods, JE 12.1 forged pistons.
Steel crank, all ARP hardware.
World Products Sportsman II heads. 2.02/1.6
Ultradyne solid roller #292/300. Gross lift .638/.638
Vertical bar roller lifters
Victor Jr tall intake
Carb shops 850 cfm carb
High torque mini starter
Fluid dampner
SFI flex plate
Hooker headers
Crowr roller rockers 7/16 stud
Moroso deep oil pan, high volume oil pump, with windage tray.

MSD7AL-3 ignition box
Autometer Sport comp tach, shift light and Oil press. light
All autometer guages
Hurst Roll controll line lock
B+M pro shifter
Stewart Warner fuel pres. guage hood mounted.
Trunk, door seals have been replcaed with new.
New front windsheildy
Moroso elect. water pump
Big electric fan
Griffin radiator
100 amp chrome alternator, internal regulator
8mm Taylor wires
MSD distributor
Holley blue pump w/ regulator
1/2 fuel line
10 gal fuel cell mounted in trunk
Optuma battery, relocated to trunk
Centerline wheels 15x8-15x3.5
Brand new M/T et drag radials, and new Khumo front tires

400 turbo tranny with trans brake.
LARGE front mounted trans. cooler.
TCI 4500 convertor
TCI reverse pattern valve body
TCI tranny sheild
Deep tranny pan
12 bolt rear w/5.14 gears
Moser axles, strange center section
Car has 4 wheel disc brakes, stops on a dime.

Car was a factory 6 cyl car, very light, very plain interior, factory NO carpet, manual steering. Has a 6pt cage installed, Jazz seats, up to date harness. Body is perfect solid, goes down the track straight. Very Very glossy paint,I had it repainted in 1986, bright corvette yellow, it was a factory yellow car, straight body all chrome perfect. MAJIOR attention getter. I am 100% sure I am leaving out alot of details. Trust me you will not be DISSAPOINTED. Interior is perfect, dash door panels etc. Not a cut up or butchered car,Please email me with your questions and for more photos. I hate to sell this car and lose it again, but it is not a pratical daily driver for a HS student. Some one is going to get a Nice car, for street or track. Car ran consistant 11.1-11.3ets @ 118mph with 1.5 60' Thanx for looking...
Photos avail. upon request. $12,000.00 Or possiable trade for 98-2000 Modded Camaro or WS6, Must be daily driveable.

i have a heavily modded 81 regal with a 87 complete driveline.It has all the goodies,yet fully streetable,including a/c.
heres a quick run down.
87 engine,trans,rear end.
109 block,steel main caps,studs,std turbo crank,stock rods and piston/speed pro
rings. 204/214 cam,ported and polished stock heads and intake.kenny bell upper plenum,pt-72 turbo,83#siemmens inj,pte-front mount intercooler,3"discharge tubes,3"eastern stainless down pipe.3"stainless atr cat back exhaust.external waste gate. gen 6 dfi engine management.
200r4 fully built,10 vane front pump,perf clutches and shift kit.(im in the process of purchasing a trans brake.) 9"3500 art carr stall.
stock 10 bolt posi,boxed upper and lwrs.
car is gun metal grey.the body is in great shape,the interior is full gn,and very clean.
car has stock refinished t-wheels.can fit a 28/12.5 tire in the rear.(frame notched)
easy mid 10 sec car.everything is fresh.never been to the track,or even on the street since the new engine went in.
looking to trade for an old strip car that i can make somewhat streetlegal.
if ur interested,please send me some pics.

Back