You can type here any text you want

79 regal sport coupe

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mikemcvaney

Can a steeper gear than 342 be used on a carbed turbo?MYcar has a700 r4 so the first and second gears are lower than a 350 or 200 r4.

Can a steeper gear than 342 be used on a carbed turbo?MYcar has a700 r4 so the first and second gears are lower than a 350 or 200 r4.

oh yea....

I run 4.56s on my TH350 so I know you will be OK.

However, I wouldnt go with anymore than a 3.73, or first feels too short and the width between first and second will slam hard with anything higher than a 3.73 on a 700.

Spool is very very fast with steep gears, provided you have the .63 housing, feels very normal on .82 housings though. so watch your timing as well cause boost will come in faster than before.

:biggrin:A.j.

Good points Aj, but I will tell you that you need to get the right Tranny for the car. The 2004r will hold up better for the car and the gear spacing is much better as well. If it's all you have I understand but I'd try to get the right tranny instead of using a 7000r4.

Good points Aj, but I will tell you that you need to get the right Tranny for the car. The 2004r will hold up better for the car and the gear spacing is much better as well. If it's all you have I understand but I'd try to get the right tranny instead of using a 7000r4.

Shucks I dont know Charlie,

I actually kinda planned to go with a 700 in the truck next, as soon I convince Gneric to build me one....:biggrin:

LOL, I really like that hole jump on the 700, I dunno.... tell me what you think

Shucks I dont know Charlie,

I actually kinda planned to go with a 700 in the truck next, as soon I convince Gneric to build me one....:biggrin:

LOL, I really like that hole jump on the 700, I dunno.... tell me what you think

Think about it this way Aj. You've used a 4 speed before so you know how it feels. Even spacing will allow for a more consistant power level in the engine without loss of power. With the first to second gear shift you won't catch up until you get to third because of the big drop on ratio between first and second. The engine has to catch up before it can get going again.:eek:

Yeah I dig that 2004r's gear ratio, I find myself wanting a 2004r, I'm still stuck with a th350 that I'm pretty sure is broken again. I want a 4 speed, I run out of gear and out of engine with the 3.42's I swapped in for my 2.41's. Ideally If I didn't care about weight I'd probably go built th400 with Gearvendors overdrive bolted on the back. th400 brute with 4th gear.

Yeah I dig that 2004r's gear ratio, I find myself wanting a 2004r, I'm still stuck with a th350 that I'm pretty sure is broken again. I want a 4 speed, I run out of gear and out of engine with the 3.42's I swapped in for my 2.41's. Ideally If I didn't care about weight I'd probably go built th400 with Gearvendors overdrive bolted on the back. th400 brute with 4th gear.

You'd be better off with the 4L80E and a convertor Adam. TH400 with an overdrive and all you need is the controller.

Hmm......... you guys make a valid point!

now the problem..... how to make a short shaft trans fit my frame! LMAO

thank you gentleman.

Back