engine going in.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 311
  • engine going in (3).jpg
    engine going in (3).jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 302
  • engine going in (5).jpg
    engine going in (5).jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 307
While you've got it apart like you do you might want to replace the body bushings if you haven't done it yet. Looks like you're getting it done right.

While you've got it apart like you do you might want to replace the body bushings if you haven't done it yet. Looks like you're getting it done right.

Oh Sure...remind me of something else to do..LOL..:p
Actually, I should check those out, and I did all the fluids but just remembered I forgot to drain and refill the 28 year old diff fluid...Doh !

I would change the fluid in the rear end for sure but would you drive on 28 year old tires? Rubber that old will still be there but just imagine what kind of condition it's in and the body bushings are made out of rubber after all.

Getting a little closer now, engine is installed, most wiring complete.
Hopefully a week or 2 to run time...can't wait :D

Got a question:confused:
Got a brown/white wire comming from brake proportioning valve that was cut and I can't find where it goes...any help appreciated

Attachments

• 2011-02-13_18-31-51_1.jpg
    2011-02-13_18-31-51_1.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 245
  • 2011-02-21_19-15-45_555.jpg
    2011-02-21_19-15-45_555.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 247
It turns on the brake light if the proportioning has an issue and the brakes aren't working right. If you've got the cast iron valve then you need to get it replaces with a brass one. The iron ones have a tendancy to rust up and not work which will turn the brake light on.

It turns on the brake light if the proportioning has an issue and the brakes aren't working right. If you've got the cast iron valve then you need to get it replaces with a brass one. The iron ones have a tendancy to rust up and not work which will turn the brake light on.

Thanks, I'll need to check which kind I have, safety first.

Any idea where the other end of the wire comming from the prop valve connects to? Mine was cut off and hanging..:eek:

It goes into the harness located near it. Mine is cut as well and I have a spare harness so I can fix what's been damaged on mine.

grand national wiring harnesses work on our cars right?

No. The only harness for a 83 T thats right is a 83 and maybe 82 turbo car. 78-81 used a harness, 82-84 used another, 85-88 used another. Gn's are special. Just talking about the fuse box harness. The GNs also have the engine harness for the EFI stuff thats completly different from all other cars too.

And that wire you have either goes to a brown or tan wire on mine. I have an 85 harness though so it could be different. Ill check more if you need. You have a different series harness than I do so it might be different.

I just checked, that brake prop valve wire goes to a tan/white striped wire on the bundle coming out of the side nearest the fender. Its all the smaller wires, the other has all the big guage power wires. I think the color should be the same. Same between my 81 wire and 85 fuse box.

Thanks for all the help..

After close inspection of wiring harness/bulhead connector and wiring diagram, I found where it goes..

It wall pulled completly out of the connector, thats why I couldn't find a mating wire or pigtail to match it up to.

See pic for location.

Thanks again...Jeff

Attachments

• Brake light wire.jpg
    Brake light wire.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 229
you guys all know there isnt any horsepower to be made in NA form.

the MINIMUM required compression to make horsepower on a buick is 11.3:1

Ask Smokey if you dont believe me.

A.j.

I think Jimmy Dotson (Underdog) would argue that point. He runs high 9's (spraying) or 10.15's all day and can cut a light. You don't want to draw his number in a bracket race!!!