You can type here any text you want

82' Turbo GN (not mine)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PaulBZ65

likes g-bodies
Not sure if this is the right forum since the car is NOT mine :) . But the past week I was going to and from a wedding rehearsal of a friend of mine and passed up a Turbo Buick in a used car lot, lot had some nice cars not the typical throwaway cars. On the way back stopped to look at it and its a 82' Buick GN. Its turbocharged too.....65k miles IIRC, it was nighttime but appeared to be mint shape or near it. Inside there was a board made for car shows stating "before black", etc....asking price is 17k and its a shock this car just sits outside. :confused: .

Car is located in Racine, WI...northern part just south of the Oak Creek border a few miles. I'm from the Milwaukee area but not Racine so pinpointing the location I'm afraid I'm not good at. Off HWY 32...if seriously interested I can try to pinpoint more.

I checked BEFORE BLACK - 1982 GN Registry and notice alot are from IL, so perhaps this one is from there since its so close by. Beautiful car, looked to be well taken care of then some. Unfortunately I had no camera on hand for pics nor did I want to stop the wedding party bus/limo to and from the ceremony to reception for some pics ;) .

I apologize if this has been posted before, no idea how long the car has been there.

If I had $15k laying around I'm pretty sure I'd buy that. It's pretty steep for a carb/turbo car, but how long will it be before you get the chance to buy another turbo 82 GN in that condition?

Not exactly the deal of the century, but IMHO it's a fair price if that's what you're looking for.

This car has been listed on e-bay off and on for a while. I am NOT 100% certain, but there was an 82 turbo GN with about the same miles in Mt.Horeb WI last winter, that looked to be the same car. I remember the "1 of 25" sign, which, if you research the before black website, indicates there were more that 25 turbo 82 GN's (not many more, but they do not exactly know). If that was a different car, I am not sure what it sold for. Could be just the same type of sign. There was an 82 turbo GN on e-bay a year ago from Indiana on e-bay with 47K miles. It was listed through one of those "I will sell it for you on e-bay" stores. The story from the lady that had it listed was that it sat in a guys shed for a while and he decided to sell it. I think it went for $9K+.

It would seem that these cars would command a higher dollar than what they do. Could be that even the people that know about GN's and Turbo Buicks really do not know much about them or thier history. They are nice looking cars.

Yep this is the one that was in Mount Horeb...

Very very nice car in and out... was formerly owned by a guy here in the area who had it and a very low mile 84 or 85 GN (<5K miles went to Tx.) and also a modded turbo I think. He did some car shows and sponsored one or two. I think he is still in the old car hobby here in the Madtown in a horsepower shop. This car could have been bought for about $13K possibly earlier this summer. The Ebay listing is a newer owner (dealer?) if I am not mistaken.

Back