84/85 Maf

eman035

I posted this in the parts wanted section, but I figured i'd try here also. I need an 84/85 MAF sensor. Mine will only read up to about 160 on the scan tool. Also, it dosen't like to work after rain or in the morning when there is a lot of moisture out(the numbers jump all over the place and the car won't run). Anyone have one? Thanks.

Eric

I've got a couple extra hotair MAF's. I paid $100 each for them. Let me know if you are still interested. :)

If you cant find a MAF, I would Highly suggest converting to and 86/87 ECM and using the MAF Translator which allows you to use an LT1 or LS1 MAF. They're newer, more efficient, and they're easy to find.

I do want to convert to the 86/87 ECM but do not have the money right now. So i'll try to give this 84/85 MAF a shot in the hopes that it gets the car running good enough to properly tune, and it would also be nice to be able to drive in the rain. It dosen't help when my other vehicle is a motorcycle. GNeric, I am interested in one of those sensors as long as your sure they work properly. Let me know what you want for one. Thanks.

Eric