84-85 VS 86-87

Issues with the SBC is everyone and there grandmother has done that swap ..... nothing wrong with it and still a VERY good option. The LS swap has one big issue where I am .... emissions. Being that my car is 1980 I have little emissions stuff/crap on it, but if I put a newer motor in I have to now meet emissions standards for the year the motor was made, not by the car age anymore.

Might be worth just selling the car you have and buying something complete. I would spend some time reading up on each section of the forum and decide which direction you want to go. Then see what a complete car would cost.
just food for thought.

Might be worth just selling the car you have and buying something complete. I would spend some time reading up on each section of the forum and decide which direction you want to go. Then see what a complete car would cost. just food for thought.

In no rush and the car drives fine as is, just a 32 year old "slug" the 2.14 gears dont help either.

You would have to replace the rear anyhow as you most likely have the 7.5" in there.

Yep thats what it has, and would need something better then the TM200 3 speed. As why I wanted to know difference in the GN years because if I go that route likly easier to do a body lift and put the body I have on a rust free frame and upgraded drive train.