You can type here any text you want

86 5.0 vs 87 GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rb84gn

Well its been 5 months in the making and this guy at my work kept telling me that GN are nothing but some old rice burners and he said his 5.0 would take my GN any day of the week.Well after my car got done at the shop (needed all new bearings) I broke the motor in for there 500 mile crap.So I call him up and told him it was that day of the week for his stang to loose to a GN and he said ok, So we went out to a long strip of road and sat nose to nose and he started to count 3 2 1 go first 5 feet stang had it after that nothing but BUICK. Beat him bad !!!!!
So then we stop and he said his car was having trouble and asked for a moving race so I said sure we got going about 15 mph and I told him to go and gave him at least a car and a half head start and still beat him buy 10 or so cars.
After that he said I dint think those thing were that fast! Now hes thinking about buying one :cool:

Yes my high tech word for somebody like him is
"Dumb-Dumb" :D
i love abusing stang owners they think they all have rocket ships.

The 86 model year was the worst year for the FI HO motor. Restrictive heads, intake and throttle body choke this motor even further. A stock one with a perfect driver would go in the mid 14s, which i doubt he was!

We recently got a Mustang Chassis for 400.00. (Paying for a Mustang are we nuts?) Anyway, we are putting our Turbo Buick engine that was in our Camaro in it now. We've learned alot about this 88LX so far. From frame connectors to Cage we're about done with most of the mods including setting the firewall back 3.5inches and moving the strut towers. The Camaro ran low 11's on pump gas at 3200lbs. I bet this mustang won't weigh 2800lbs so we'll see 10's on pump gas with the stock hood and factory looking LX exhaust.
We are usto spanking stangs but now it's going to be with their own danm car!!!!
By the way no "FORD" emblems will be on this unit that's for sure.
~Scott
~Chris

Originally posted by UR50SLO
We recently got a Mustang Chassis for 400.00. (Paying for a Mustang are we nuts?) Anyway, we are putting our Turbo Buick engine that was in our Camaro in it now. We've learned alot about this 88LX so far. From frame connectors to Cage we're about done with most of the mods including setting the firewall back 3.5inches and moving the strut towers. The Camaro ran low 11's on pump gas at 3200lbs. I bet this mustang won't weigh 2800lbs so we'll see 10's on pump gas with the stock hood and factory looking LX exhaust.
We are usto spanking stangs but now it's going to be with their own danm car!!!!
By the way no "FORD" emblems will be on this unit that's for sure.
~Scott
~Chris

Send us some pictures. So I guess no Butang on the license plates??

We've come up with a few names so far here they are:

Butang (as stated above)
Buford
or Mustake

Fork'd up Hybrid huh..
I'll take some pictures this week It's neat (for a well umm.. ford kinda)
~Scott

Originally posted by stroked347
Now youve got a great chassis, just need a drivetrain to match!;)

Is that why there always in my rear view mirror?:eek:

Back