You can type here any text you want

86 Astroroof T Type slightly wrecked make offers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tb3

elbows & a$$holes
i spun off the road this afternoon. mirror slightly grabbed a mailbox. yanked it off and creased the door. front end bottomed out. busted the intcooler scoop, front airdams, cracked front header, creased driver side fender. I'll have pics of the damage later. Bought car last feburary. i've spent tons in preventive maintance. I'm going to lose my butt on this car, but I simply do not have the time to fix the damage i just did, and I do not let anybody else work on it, period. 130,000 miles. Car is loaded with every single option except: digital dash, digital climate, auto head lights and block heater. Every single thing on this car works and works like new. Interior is like new. I just recently installed new astroroof seal and have pics through out the process. brand new posi rearend, mostly stock, unopened engine with no issues, period. only upgrades are bosch 237 regulator, power plate, fbody front bar, all bushings except gnx bushing installed, has kenne belle rear seat brace. cars very solid, I have pics of the floor pans when I installed new carpet. paint is in great shape, there is some filler in the lower part of the doors, I have a spare set of solid doors that will go with it. no cracked glass. I have the original T wheels to go with it. the 84/85 ones are installed. tons of other new parts, I have tons of receipts. I've been over every inch of this car and can tell you whatever you want to know. I'll have pictures of the damage in a couple days. Car still drives straight, and is very fast for mostly stock car. I'm debating parting this thing out if I don't get decent offers.

also has walbro 340, with caspers hotwire kit. I installed brand new hooker exhaust w/test pipe. boxed upper and lower control arms in the rear. A few other odd and end upgrades also. I'll make a list later, I'm in a big hurry right now

What part of the country are you from? Is this your daily driver right now? If so, depending where you are and if you really need to get into another good driver, I've got an 85 Firebird sbc v8/700-4r/9bolt borg warner rear I might offer in an even trade.... I dont drive that often with where I live and could handle doing the work to fix her myself... based on pics of damage, a straight frame, and of course if you were interested.....The firebird is rock solid and I just drove it a straight 1600 mile one way trip to New Orleans...

86 ttype

Hello I'm interested in the t type and was wondering if you could shoot me some pictures of the damaged areas. Does the frame need to be pulled. Where abouts are you located. Thanks. Dalton1977@aol.com

Interested Lets See Your List...pics And Location...price Too..thanks Vinny

located in st. louis, mo. its officially not my driver anymore. I've pulled in the garage and will leave it till someone comes and gets it. Frame does not need to be pulled, damage is nowhere near that bad. this is more about me than the car. I'm absolutely tired and burnt out, and I'm not going to have any spare time for the next few months to work on this thing. I'm also sick of always being scared to death everytime I park this thing somewhere. I won't be able to get pictures up until tommorow night when I get back home. Car also has new higher rate variable rear springs, all the front frame braces, console vdo water temp and 30 psi guage. I will be removing the cold air intake and RJC boost controller to keep for myself and will reinstall original back in. All weather seals have been replaced except for the roof rail seals. eng compartment is very clean. It has been changed over to the vaccuum brakes, and every single brake line except for the one on the rear axle has been replaced with new stainless steel ones, I also replaced the fuel line from the filter up with stainless steel since it travels along side the brake lines. again, I have all receipts. no cracks in dash, no holes in dash pad, cruise, everything works, new wheel bearings up front, new brakes all the way around, brand new rotors up front, all new calipers except for one of the rear ones. E brake works. New stock injectors, I rebuilt the original turbo, Has a turbotweak chip with anti-theft installed, but I may keep that. All work on this car has been done by me. Clean title in my name. Somebody is going to get a awesome deal cause I am not going to sit on this thing. I want it gone.

I'm trying to answer everybodys pms and emails, I know its frustrating without pics. I got home last night after dark, and had to hop in another car and head back to the airport. I should be home tonight, I was originally thinking around $4,000 just to get it gone, but the damage is worse than I thought. I just got off the phone with my dad, he went and looked at it this morning, he says the top is slightly creased in the middle on both sides, i hit harder than i thought. He was a engineer at gm for 38 years and knows his way around cars pretty well, he says the frame flexed slightly where it is weak U channel, but it flexed back and appears to have no effect. He mentioned the two slight bends in the middle of the U Channel, but those have been there since I bought it, I've noticed most of these G bodys seem to have that and is result of morons lifting the whole side of the car there with one jack to rotate tires. Fender on one side is creased, but can be reworked, fender on the other side has moved very slightly, but is ok, grill is busted at the bottom, bumper seems ok, headlight bezel on pass side is busted. My dad wonders if by not installing all the missing factory bushings, and all the brace kits, if it might have had more room to flex and not have bent the roof, but he doesn't know much about the particulars about these cars, or the upgrades I've done or any intrest in working on cars anymore period. He said it can easily be rolled out and no reason to be concerned with it. He ran the astroroof back and forth, checked out the door window to seal clearances, etc,.. and says everything looks ok. All the front end parts up front look ok, nothing looks bent. The car drove home last night straight as a arrow and felt just as nice as it always had. I'll get pics up as soon as i get home. I was originally thinking around $4,000. But if somebody comes quick with cash, its gonna go for less. I am a A&P aircraft tech, this car is going to be somebodys dream when they go to mess with it. I am serious when I say I've been all over this car, No bolt goes back in dirty, All hardware, parts have to be new or as new when I work on this thing. Everything is proper torqe with anti-seize. I even had built my own jig from instructions in the chilton manual to do my own front end alignment, I was extremely picky with this car. I'm going to be sick to my stomach when I get home tonight, I'm so frustrated sitting here in the hotel room I feel like throwing my laptop across the hotel room.

here are some pics that where on my laptop.
engine compartment was a few weeks back just prior to installing cold air intake and maf translator. I had powdercoated the heat shield white just to see how it would hold up, we have a powdercoater at work. I have since powder coated it black. I was going to install new washer and res tanks when I did the f body rad conversion.
Pic with missing rear was back when I first got it and had pulled the rear to have it entirely redone. I took it out and took it to local buick tr enthusiast who has his own shop and had everything new put in it, axles, posi, ring, pinion (342), seals, etc. $900 worth of work. Car also has new bilstein shocks. and poly bushing on the control arms
other pic is at work, I had put new fuel tank, new rubber straps, and powdercoated the metal straps.
Picture of the inside was when installing new carpet. There was some surface corrosion on the outside of the floor pans, just white surface stuff, nothing most people would even notice. I had jacked the car up, scotch brighted those spots,treated and painted. The black you see on the inside is where I was using up a rattle can of rustoleum on the opposite sides of where I had treated underneath, basically, just a little added insurance. Other pics are a few from recent astroroof install. I had found surface corrosion on the inside of the roof, I went in there and removed it, treated it, before I put astroroof back in.

I also recovered headliner, visors, astro shade. Intalled lighted rvm. I installed the maplight option as it had not originally came with that. the list goes on, I'm gonna be sick.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune..For the little amount of money you'd get out of the car, it might be best to just stick the car in a corner somewhere till you get the time and cash to fix it. Shame to lose all that time and effort you put into it...Nice car BTW..I like the color. I'd keep it!! Park it...You'll prolly wish you had one day.

Where at in STL are you located. I would be interested in coming by and looking at it. Im in Soulard. Thanks!

Here's my heart felt advice to you... stick her under a car cover and wait exactly 30days to decide what to do, at a point where emotion doesnt play a role anymore. The holidays will have passed and if nothing else the market of buyers will have increased because thigns wont be as tight, maybe you'll get a better price.

That said, if your heart is set on moving her along, when you get some good pics of the damage I'd still like to remain first in line on her as a cash sale depending on price and pick-up date even without you needing the trade mentioned in my first repsonding post.

for once, something is going my way, I get to come home tonight, should be on a airplane within 2 hours. I'm going to be balls assed tired when I get home, that, and since thinking about seeing my car after whats happened makes me sick to my stomach, I'll probably take pics in the morning and get them posted.
I know I've lots of pms and emails, I see no point in responding until I got some pictures up so everybody can see the damage. I probably shouldn't have posted this thread so early. I don't mean to sound to over dramatic especially on a car web site, but this stupid accident shouldn't have happenend. We got pelted with freezing rain in st. louis yesterday afternoon. I was probably doing 40mph or so and didn't realise the backend was spinning till it was to late, I run the skinny stock tire size on this car, and with how well I've had it running lately, it breaks the tires loose easy enough at lower speeds even without wet roads. Luckily I'm not hurt, no one else was involved. This is my first accident with me driving, and with all of my years of driving in crappy weather, it shouldn't have happenend.
Thanks for heartfelt advice 84c10, but at this point, I'm about at the end of my sanity here. my hands are almost shaking typing this. My dads telling me on the phone to not be so foolish, car can easily be fixed. other than the stock intercooler scoop and front air dams, nothing is turbobuick specific that can't be replaced with regular regal parts. my uncle lives up the street and is retired ford dealer body repairman, he took a look and said the roof is really not that big a deal, he said theres no reason he can't fix the roof right there in the garage. Trying to explain to them i just want the car gone. i lost my grandmother thanksgiving night, my last grandparent I had. and i never spent very much time with her these last couple years. nevertheless she always wrote letter and would send something to me on my b-day. i feel like s--t over that. in all reality, this car is probably responsible for me loosing a relationship with one of the coolest gals i ever dated, Guess what I was always working and cleaning on anytime I had spare time? I'm 31 and have been acting like I'm 18 ever since. I've gotta wake up and make some changes in my life.Theres some other things that have got my stress level peaked too but neither here nor there. I want the car gone. I know i'm gonna take a hit.
Car was insured for almost 10 grand, no way are they gonna total it, and they shouldn't. I've got my two mint gn's insured with them, and don't want to mess with my good premiums.

rking, I attend the buick meets everyonce in awhile, have we met? I'm out in wentzville. If you want to come out and take a look at it in the morning. probably wouldn't hurt for somebody else to see the car and comment before somebody drives a bunch of hours to see it. I'll be up by 9 but I've got to leave by 12 shoot me a email with your #, i'll check my email on my phone tonight when I get off plane

and I'd like to be nominated for "most drama induced thread" in the "car for sales section" btw, hopefully theres a nice prize to cheer me up. :( :p

Back