86 GN Intake Removal

too many damn Jim's around here! :)

Jan, everything that wasn't replaced with the 12 point polished stainless arp hardware I sandblasted and painted with satin black from a rattle can. A friend of mine has a oven for powder coating so I let it all cure in there for awhile. Came out nice and the finish held up pretty well to a socket. :cool: I almost did the intake in black hardware just to give it some contrast but the 12 point polished stainless stuff looked to nice! :)

That's what I thought Jim. Turned out really nice. I got all ARP (hex head and studs) hardware for the intake and will leave them stainless and for the rest I will probabrly get OEM looking stainless bolts that I will have plated black localy to me. I'll see what I end up with when I'm done. Otherwise I've done pretty much what you did, everything powder coated (brackets) in black satin (I know you used gloss but personally prefer the satin black look) and had the intake and plenum bead blasted and then painted silver and cured in an oven so looks really good.

Trial fitting a lot of stuff on the engine at the moment, got the bottom end all sorted so coming back together nicely (but slowly).

Will be careful not to strip any threads in the intake, thanks for the heads up on that one.