You can type here any text you want

86 rollor race ready

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

richardv6

Well my stage motor blewup. Just a feller wether to sellout or not I have a 86 gn very very solid. No rust recent paint 2 yrs old few imperfections nothing major no dents Has been lightened ,no door bars,full Trz front suspension. Rear metcos adjustable. Strange race disc brakes all round (new) built 8.5 moser 28 spline axles posi. Billet yoke. Fiberglass bumpers not painted. Do have stock metal boers been smoothed. Goes with. Interior very nice. No heater box but do have if you want it. Sx fuel pump and sumped tank 8an and 6an lines battery and cutoff switch in trunk. Has new drag radials and American racing wheels(very light). I am keeping fast system and msd and front mount. Ally kit and gauges going to sell parts separate price for rollor $10.000 if I sell out I have to sell rollor first then sell go fast stuff after. I will post more pics.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hey Richard,

Sorry to hear about your motor, any idea what happened? Didn't you just have this built? The car looks sharp for what it's worth.

Good luck on the sale

Neal

No the other car was one I just had built. This motor I purchased from a guy in pa. Looks like post on wristpin froze up. Causing rod failure.

If no one buys or makes offer on roller. I will put another 4.1 in it. I found a block already. All I would need now is a eagle rod 5.970. I believe it is. Mot measured yet. And a cp piston 4 inch bore block Anyone have any extras laying around?

Here's what happened I still don't know what caused this. Only spooled up at about 6 psi then stated to spin tires the boom. Here's some pics of motor. Rod moves freely on wristpin and bearing. Looks new.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

That carnage looks familiar, as do those rods. Those rods with the two grooves down the sides are the lighter version, whereas the single grooved ones are the HD ones. Mine broke in the same manner, a little further towards the big end.

Were they new or used Carrillos?

The heads look to be in good shape, they're very rare so that's a good thing. The block not so much.

Neal

Don't know that I would trust that particular connecting rod design for another build. Only a metallurgist could analyze that failure with any degree of authority, but from 600ft away it looks like the rod just plain broke for no reason other than it just felt like it.

Back