'86 T-Type - Houston

Robert Walton

Proud to be an Infidel
T Tops, stock turbine wheels with stock size tires( about 35% tread left). Body and frame have not been wrecked. The only rust I know of is a small half dollar size hole in the floor under the drivers feet, and under the T-Top on the drivers side. I have owned this car for a year and a half and have driven it daily rain or shine. First I will list what the previous owner did to the best of my knowledge. Then I will List what I have done.

Previous owner modifications and repairs :

1) Stock 109 block prepped and rebuilt by Ruggles. JE forged pistons. Reed 210/205* 0.470/0.459" 110* lobe center flat tappet cam.
2) Heads fully ported with Manley stainless valves,stock sizes.
3) Intake has been ported
4) 42.5/009 injectors
5) Kirban F.P. regulator
6) Precision Turbo PT51 with H.D. actuator. 17psi is the minimum it will go.
7) Terry Houston 3" downpipe. Dynemax stainless muffler. 3" exhaust dumping before the axle.
8) Repaint the car. Maaco paint job, looks good from 20ft.
9) Recovered the seats front and rear ( buckets )
10) Upper door panels have been replaced. Lower panels are O.K. A few nicks here and there but not faded chalky plastic.

Here is what I've done :

1) Turbo Tweak 93 octane chip
2) RJC power plate
3) Century Transmission/Mike Kurtz 200R4. Welded and hardened input shaft,extra clutches and larger bands. Stock D5 converter has been restalled to 2800 rpm.
4) 4 Bilstein shocks
5) New Moog tie rods,center link,and idler arm.
6) Global West Del-A-Lum lower control arm bushings.
7) www.scandc.com stage 2 upper control arm and ball joint package.
8) 36mm front sway bar, new not used. ATR rear bar
9) Moog 5658 front springs, rear springs are stock
10) New to the car GBODYPARTS.COM original salvage gas tank. My original one sprung a leak.
11) Walbro 340 fuel pump. Hot Wired
12) New Interstate battery
13) New belt
14 New rear brakes,hardware,stock Buick wheel cylinders. Axle bearings and seals were also replaced.
15) Recored original radiator, 4 row. RMI 25 with a hint of antifreeze for color and Texas winter protection.
16) Kirban rear seat braces.
17) B&M external transmission cooler,plate type not tube and fin. 11,000 GVWR installed in series with the factory cooler.

I think that is all of it. I have a lot of pictures so please feel free to e mail or PM me with request or questions.
I cannot deliver the car much farther that a 300 mile radius from Houston. I usually work 6 days so it needs to be in a days driving distance. Outside 300 miles it's up to the buyer to either meet me or arrange shipping.
Thanks for looking

$8,000.00

:)

I like the T Tops but I think most people are more interested in a hardtop car. They think that the hatch roof design is too week for any serious driving. Are you in a rush to sell it? If not then hold out and you will find someone who will pay the 8k.

The ad caught my eye since i grenaded my lt1 yesterday. But texas is just a little far for me, getting there would be my biggest problem as opposed to the sale price. Hope it sell though

It is a nice drive from Ca to Texas, just think of all the nice people ou will meet on the way. :)

Price Reduced

$7000.00

I have just recently replaced the rear main seal/oil pan gasket. I also did the intake with a genuine GM intake gasket,turbo specific PCV valve, and grommet.