You can type here any text you want

86 T-TYPE with concours paint - SHOW READY

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Professor

Experienced T-R Lover
Hello everyone! Greetings from BEAUTIFUL North Carolina - moonshine heaven! LMFAO!!!! NC is also home to some of the most solid and rust-free cars in the USA!

I am considering selling my 86 T-TYPE. I'm asking $19K for the car. If it's out of your price range then don't waste my time, please!

Has most all the goodies like P/W, P/DL, P/S, concert sound stereo, P/antenna, tilt wheel, A/C of course, blackout pkg, buckets with console and gray fabric interior, limited slip rear axle, more! 54K orig miles.

Car has very few mods done to it, and it smokes the tires on the 1st to 2nd shift - just hop in and nail it! Red Armstrong XP fuel pump, Red Armstrong 93 chip designed to run optimally on high test pump gas (but you can turn the boost up if you can satisfy the octane requirement and you know what you are doing), brand new Blaupunkt speakers in the back with NO HACKING to speaker wires or rear package tray, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, adj wastegate, boost gauge, K&N 9" air filter, REDs volt booster, K&N breathers, chrome turbo shield & inlet pipe, standard stuff. I saved all the original parts too, which are included. I made dang sure that all of the minor mods to this car can be reversed completely and the car can be returned to pure factory stock condition if desired.

Right now the car has GN wheels on it for the following reasons:

(1) I just LOVE the look of the GN rims and the black/super shiny chrome combo
(2) I think that Buick should have offered all the T-Types with the GN wheels as standard factory equipment - just my personal opinion
(3) the original aluminum rims are just plain ugly and VERY hard to keep clean. Brake dust sticks to them like a MAGNET and is quite difficult to remove properly without damaging the clear coat on them
(4) the original aluminum rims, lugnuts, and center caps come with the car - relax!!

Car has a near-concourse quality paint job on it (looks wet even when bone dry) and is a real head turner! The metallic flakes in the paint make it look awesome! Looks purple from one angle but then looks red at another and even black at another angle depending on lighting conditions. I can't take this car anywhere without attracting a crowd! Been locked up in the garage since 1993 and is only driven a couple times a year to be taken for an occasional pleasure cruise or car show. I put a total of 5K miles on the car in the last 15 years. Needs a good home and be taken for rides or to local car shows.

Car don't have a spec of rust on it anywhere - not even under the doors. Interior looks almost like brand new - original upholstery, carpet, and floor mats. I also have a spare set of brandy new original GM floor mats that I use just for car shows which are included. CAR IS READY FOR CAR SHOWS.

Please email me at "junkmailboxno2009 at gmail.com" (change the "at" to "@" obviously) if you want more pics or more info.

Attachments

• 43631152 458 X 343.JPG
    43631152 458 X 343.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,898
Mileage when I bought this car in 93 was 49K. Mileage now 15 years later is 54K. I put about 5K miles on this car in the 15 years that I've owned it. I can back that claim up with proper DMV and insurance documentation and some service receipts.

Thanks for the inquiry!! See you at a traffic light sometime (BIG ****-eating grin on my face)!

Hello everyone! Greetings from BEAUTIFUL North Carolina - moonshine heaven! LMFAO!!!! NC is also home to some of the most solid and rust-free cars in the USA!

I am considering selling my 86 T-TYPE. I'm asking $19K for the car. If it's out of your price range then don't waste my time, please!

Has most all the goodies like P/W, P/DL, P/S, concert sound stereo, P/antenna, tilt wheel, A/C of course, blackout pkg, buckets with console and gray fabric interior, limited slip rear axle, more! 54K orig miles.

Car has very few mods done to it, and it smokes the tires on the 1st to 2nd shift - just hop in and nail it! Red Armstrong XP fuel pump, Red Armstrong 93 chip designed to run optimally on high test pump gas (but you can turn the boost up if you can satisfy the octane requirement and you know what you are doing), brand new Blaupunkt speakers in the back with NO HACKING to speaker wires or rear package tray, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, adj wastegate, boost gauge, K&N 9" air filter, REDs volt booster, K&N breathers, chrome turbo shield & inlet pipe, standard stuff. I saved all the original parts too, which are included. I made dang sure that all of the minor mods to this car can be reversed completely and the car can be returned to pure factory stock condition if desired.

Right now the car has GN wheels on it for the following reasons:

(1) I just LOVE the look of the GN rims and the black/super shiny chrome combo
(2) I think that Buick should have offered all the T-Types with the GN wheels as standard factory equipment - just my personal opinion
(3) the original aluminum rims are just plain ugly and VERY hard to keep clean. Brake dust sticks to them like a MAGNET and is quite difficult to remove properly without damaging the clear coat on them
(4) the original aluminum rims, lugnuts, and center caps come with the car - relax!!

Car has a near-concourse quality paint job on it (looks wet even when bone dry) and is a real head turner! The metallic flakes in the paint make it look awesome! Looks purple from one angle but then looks red at another and even black at another angle depending on lighting conditions. I can't take this car anywhere without attracting a crowd! Been locked up in the garage since 1993 and is only driven a couple times a year to be taken for an occasional pleasure cruise or car show. I put a total of 5K miles on the car in the last 15 years. Needs a good home and be taken for rides or to local car shows.

Car don't have a spec of rust on it anywhere - not even under the doors. Interior looks almost like brand new - original upholstery, carpet, and floor mats. I also have a spare set of brandy new original GM floor mats that I use just for car shows which are included. CAR IS READY FOR CAR SHOWS.

Please email me at "junkmailboxno2009 at gmail.com" (change the "at" to "@" obviously) if you want more pics or more info.

Too much.

Hello everyone! You are all entitled to form your own opinion about my car and the price tag. Fact is, 9 out of every 10 T-R's that I've seen personally that are up for sale at $12K-$15K have several things / something wrong with them. Bumper filler panels rotting / cracking, faded paint, runs in the paint, paint blemishes of some kind, run-of-the-mill paint jobs, dull / dinged bumpers or damaged bumper cushions, engines that knock / tap / smoke, tranny not shifting properly, not performing properly, knocking under hard acceleration and / or setting error codes, A/C and other accessories that just don't work properly (if at all), interiors that need work and / or have saggy headliners, body rust or rotted floor and / or trunk pans, salvage titles, nasty cracks in the A-pillars, bondo specials, cars that were in previous accidents or stolen and rebadged and / or missing the original trunk lid options label, former flood victims, exhaust system leaks, stored outdoors where the elements took their toll, glazed windows / worn out or cracked windshields, saggy springs / worn out shocks, ugly paint color, granny-looking split bench throw pillow interiors with column shift, gaudy looking side markers or coach/opera lamps, T-TOP cars that leak like a siv and rattle like heck, cars that have been heavily modified and / or butchered up by Junior, etc.

You can go ahead and buy one of them other cars and then spend another $5K (or maybe a LOT more) to get them in the same condition that my car is in right now. A really good paint job done right like mine will cost you over $5K alone!

My car doesn't eat anything, so I'm not in a big hurry to sell it. If there's no takers from here, then I just might throw it up on ebay just for ****s and giggles!

Thanks for the inquiries!

Hello everyone! You are all entitled to form your own opinion about my car and the price tag. Fact is, 9 out of every 10 T-R's that I've seen personally that are up for sale at $12K-$15K have several things / something wrong with them. Bumper filler panels rotting / cracking, faded paint, runs in the paint, paint blemishes of some kind, run-of-the-mill paint jobs, dull / dinged bumpers or damaged bumper cushions, engines that knock / tap / smoke, tranny not shifting properly, not performing properly, knocking under hard acceleration and / or setting error codes, A/C and other accessories that just don't work properly (if at all), interiors that need work and / or have saggy headliners, body rust or rotted floor and / or trunk pans, salvage titles, nasty cracks in the A-pillars, bondo specials, cars that were in previous accidents or stolen and rebadged and / or missing the original trunk lid options label, former flood victims, exhaust system leaks, stored outdoors where the elements took their toll, glazed windows / worn out or cracked windshields, saggy springs / worn out shocks, ugly paint color, granny-looking split bench throw pillow interiors with column shift, gaudy looking side markers or coach/opera lamps, T-TOP cars that leak like a siv and rattle like heck, cars that have been heavily modified and / or butchered up by Junior, etc.

You can go ahead and buy one of them other cars and then spend another $5K (or maybe a LOT more) to get them in the same condition that my car is in right now. A really good paint job done right like mine will cost you over $5K alone!

My car doesn't eat anything, so I'm not in a big hurry to sell it. If there's no takers from here, then I just might throw it up on ebay just for ****s and giggles!

Thanks for the inquiries!

While I agree people shouldn't have an opinion if they are not interested in the car that is for sale, keep in mind you are posting your car for sale on a public forum, where people will say something if the asking price is well above market value. I don't agree with you in regards to painting "all those other cars out there" with a broad brush.

Apparently you missed this mint 41k TR for $12,100...

eBay Motors: Buick : Grand National (item 270343497843 end time Feb-16-09 18:28:00 PST)

Or this beautiful 43k TR for $13,000...

Memory Lane Photo Gallery by BTD at pbase.com

Before you get all bent out of shape being a new guy and all, take a moment to realize you are posting your car for sale on a message board, where most of the members are hard-core enthusiasts who are very knowledgeable about these cars. Something to think about.

If you do end up putting it on Ebay, be sure to start the bidding low, that way you can see the true market value of the car, what people are actually willing to pay. Beautiful car, would love to own it, good luck with the sale.

Before you get all bent out of shape being a new guy and all, take a moment to realize you are posting your car for sale on a message board, where most of the members are hard-core enthusiasts who are very knowledgeable about these cars. Something to think about.

OK, then according to you guys I should be able to buy a super-clean 86 or 87 GN for around $5K (if you're telling me I can buy a near show car with mods that runs like a raped ape for $9K). BRING IT ON!!!!! I have the $5K CASH!! If I can't find one for around $5K then you guys are so full of poop it's not even funny! If I listened to you guys then my wheelie-popping 87 T-TYPE LTD that I just sold last weekend was only worth around $2500 cuz it had some minor rust - in THEORY of course. Hate to tell you how much I REALLY got for it. Oh yeah, I'm sure that I would have found several things wrong with both the "mint 41K mi TR for $12,100" and also that "beautiful 43K mi TR for $13K". Please disregard my for-sale ad cuz it is no longer for sale based on what you guys are telling me... I still might consider putting it on ebay using the "buy-it-now" feature. If it sells and I get my price then you are wrong - if it doesn't sell then maybe it is priced too high after all. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELPFUL ADVICE!!! I love this website and the helpful advice the members provide - LOL!!!!! SHOW ME a super-clean 86 or 87 GN for $5K that runs good and I'll buy it so fast it will make your head spin!! Don't TELL ME - SHOW ME!!

No one said that you could buy a near-mint TR for $5k. IMO, your car is very nice but still a tad overpriced, especially in today's market.

I may have missed it, but I do not see where anybody said you can get a mint gn for 5,000. As a matter of fact, I do not think that is possible. I believe they are saying that real nice cars with lower miles on them (40-60k), seem to be going for lower prices today, which I also agree with.

I do not know how much you can get for your car, I have only viewed one picture. I would have to see the under the car, motor, and interior, as well as drive it. If I had to guess though, on ebay it would fetch what the other guys are saying,12-13k.

Since opinions are like a$$holes, here is one more persons opinion(based only on what I was told by an upstanding member ot the TR community that I know). He said he emailed the seller here from a post he made looking for a GN. I won't get into all of the craziness that transpired from my friend trying to help this guy at this time, but wanted you guys to see what this seller is looking for VS what he wants for this car and you can make your own decision. The following is what was sent and represented to be what this guy is looking for:

"I'm looking for a CLEAN 86 or 87 GN in good condition. I prefer an 86,
but an 87 is OK too. I prefer a hardtop but will consider a car with
T-tops or astro roof too. It has to have P/W, CC, P/DL, rear window
defroster, A/C.

Other options I prefer to have also (but not required) are power
antenna that works, power seat, posi rear, concert sound stereo (the
main thing there is that it has the speakers in the doors).

I'm not interested in anything that has rust or needs body work / new
paint. I'm looking for a GREAT deal on a GN and have about $8K to
spend. I prefer stock, but don't really care if it has some upgrades.
Mileage isn't extremely important - just has to run & shift well &
look good."

This seller said he had received all kinds of emails and offers of cars that would work for him and that he had lots of them to choose from. The one that told me about this said that if there are bunches of cars out there that meet this description that he would sure be interested in buying some of them because it appeared to him that this guy is looking for an almost perfect 86-87 GN for $8K. Maybe I have alot more to learn about these cars, but I sure have not seen many cars on here for sale meeting that criteria for $8k or less. Just my opinion for what its worth.

^^^ So he wants to sell his for $19,000 and find a clean GN for $8,000. Hhhmmm!..

That's kinda what I got out of it too. Sounds like a pretty good idea in theory. Not quite sure that something like it would ever work out in the real world though. But, that is just my opinion.

Not so sure when a repainted 1986 T-Type would ever be worth almost two and a half times what a clean, rust free 1986 or 1987 GN with really nice paint. But, hey I guess you can't get something if you aren't willing to ask for it.

Hello everyone! Hope you all had a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year!

I could have swore I posted an update here showing the price drop to $14,900 for my car.

Anyway, I have dropped the price to $14,900 firm. Any takers? I'll even offer to deliver the car within a 600 mile radius of North Carolina during good weather for an addt'l cost, but the car must be paid for in full first.

My Buick just might prove to be a better investment than CD's or a savings acct, etc. Just my opinion. Can't drive a CD either - LOL! I'm sure there's someone out there that wants a T-R of this same color in this condition and is willing to pay the price.

I also found an engine treatment that appears to be even better than ZDDPlus it is ****** *** ****** *** ******

I've tried to contact Richard Clark in Burlington, NC to compare notes on these 2 similar T-R additives, but he appears to be untouchable. I've always wanted to meet Mr Clark - now that I also live in NC about 1 hr away from him. I've heard many nice things about him too - including the open-house that he usually has in the fall. I heard it was cancelled this year, and I really wanted to go to that. If there's anyone on this site who can put me in direct contact with Richard Clark, I'd really appreciate it!

Hope everyone has a GREAT year in 2010! Let me know if you're int'd in my T-R. Thanks!

I could have swore I posted an update here showing the price drop to $14,900 for my car.

Anyway, I have dropped the price to $14,900 firm. Any takers? I'll even offer to deliver the car within a 600 mile radius of North Carolina during good weather for an addt'l cost, but the car must be paid for in full first.

My Buick just might prove to be a better investment than CD's or a savings acct, etc. Just my opinion. Can't drive a CD either - LOL! I'm sure there's someone out there that wants a T-R of this same color in this condition and is willing to pay the price.

I also found an engine treatment that appears to be even better than ZDDPlus at DELETED BW

I've tried to contact Richard Clark in Burlington, NC to compare notes on these 2 similar T-R additives, but he appears to be untouchable. I've always wanted to meet Mr Clark - now that I also live in NC about 1 hr away from him. I've heard many nice things about him too - including the open-house that he usually has in the fall. I heard it was cancelled this year, and I really wanted to go to that. If there's anyone on this site who can put me in direct contact with Richard Clark, I'd really appreciate it!

Hope everyone has a GREAT year in 2010! Let me know if you're int'd in my T-R. Thanks!

Are you kiddin or what?

Man you have a thick head, we just went through this in another thread. QUIT PROMOTING TUFOIL RIGHT NOW or your gonna get a vacation---- Do you understand me now?

Mr tractor man

If you take a CLOSE look at this post, it was made yesterday BEFORE I was given a repramand.

I see that you edited this ad too - isn't that sufficient? TRY TO BE A LITTLE PROFESSIONAL.

I can tell that you don't like me cuz you are a paying advertiser, and I can see now why you're pissed at me. Believe me, it was NEVER my intention to lock horns with anyone here. You're being a big bully now.

Please don't think that I posted this ad AFTER I got my but drilled by you and the others cuz you're badly mistaken.

Do what you have to do, but I think you're abusing your admin priviledges at this point.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back