86 WH1 T Type 1 owner, mods...in Illinois

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
THIS IS A FEELER:

I don't want to sell this car, but some life plans are changing and I could use the money somewhere else right now. My dad orderd this car new in 1986 and I bought it from him in 2001. Car was taken down to bare metal 2001 and both doors were replaced, due to splitting seams. Paint was done by a professional body shop and I have pics of the work (somewhere??)

1986 T Type WH1 Designer series, hardtop car with digital dash. The car has 106K miles on it, but many many parts have been replaced.

All of these mods were performed at 90K miles, except for the motor, which has about 650 miles on it.

Engine is a SG1 block with stock crank, rods, pistons, stock heads were ported professionally, 206/206 billet roller cam, 1.55 T&D rockers, roller lifters, Rollmaster timing chain, HV front cover, ARP hardware, new oil pump, ported stock intake, throttle body, plenum, and headers, RJC powerplate, 50# injectors, adjustable FPR, ATR ram air, LS1 MAF with translator box, 160 thermostat, TPS enhancer, PT54 turbo (needs rebuild due to gasketmaker in the oil line, only 6K miles on turbo) stock intercooler and custom liquid setup available. 3" Terry Houston downpipe, ATR stainless single shot exhaust with cutout.

Transmission is Jimmy's level 2 with B&M cooler, 3200 Vigilante converter, B&M pro stick shifter, Art Carr shift kit

Rear end is Auburn Pro posi with 3.42 gear, Moser C clip axles, Moser girdle, air bags in both springs

Suspension is Bilstein HD shocks, Kirban springs, ATR rear bar, UMI lower control arms, 17" SLP ZR1 wheels, polished, with gunmetal clearcoat 245/45/17 BFG G Force Sports and stock wheels available also. Also have 26x9x15 ET Streets on Draglites and Goodyear front runners with draglites.

Interior is clean, with the exception of one pencil eraser sized hole in driver seat bolster. AutoMeter Ultra-Lite gauges (volt, boost, water, shiftlight/tach, oil psi) Scanmaster 2.1, SMC progressive alky injection.

Stereo is Pioneer 1.5 DIN CD player with remote, Pioneer 6x9's, Infinity door speakers, Rockford Fosgate dash speakers, Pioneer and Profile amps with 12" Polk Momo subwoofer.

PICS: Garages > MYQWIK6's 1986 Buick Grand National - FQuick.com

the problems:
AC doesn't work (compressor leaks) has been retrofitted for R134A
timing cover gasket leaks (common with HV covers, just haven't fixed it)
digital dash doesn't dim
both 1/4 panels have some rust
trunk lid will need to be replaced

I know this car isn't perfect, but there is a ton of new parts on this. Also, all weatherstripping has been replaced with GM parts. I will try to get some more pics up soon.

I have over $20K invested in this car....the price is $11,000 no trades. Please PM or e-mail me with questions. The car is currently in storage, but I should be able to get some pics up by next weekend. Thanks!!!!!