You can type here any text you want

87 Buick GN stolen (Atlanta)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Joe Hinds

My dad's 87 GN, VIN 1G4GJ1172HP457873 was stolen from my workplace off Fulton Industrial Blvd around 5 pm Tuesday Feb 11. It is stock appearing, including wheels. No t-tops. GA tag # 977ZWA (Lamar County). Anyone with information on the car, or suspicious sellers of Buick GN Parts in the Atlanta area, please call Joe at 770-633-2195, or 800-300-1546 x1320. Thanks.

Sorry to hear about your dads car getting stolen , Please keep us informed Joe , and we'll keep our eyes and ears open for you.

Jesse

LINK!

Ryan you need too check the link because everytime I clink on it it says that Im not the owner of the link. THanks

Still nothing from the police...no surprise there I guess. I'm betting the car is in the middle east or Japan by now, since nothing has turned up. The car has been replaced (another 87 GN, this one with lower miles), and is going to get every security measure we can throw at it. Plus, it will stay out of Atlanta!

I would get one of the security systems that has a pager with it so you know something is up before it is stolen. Im just starting too restore my 78 turbo regal and I know I would hate it if it was stolen. Im betting that a chop shop got your car in atlanta. It looks like the turbo parts are a big seller on ebay and other places and there not getting cheaper.

This is the link to the main album. You need to find the STOLEN album.
http://community.webshots.com/user/okbuicks2002

The car that was posted was found in 2 days. Pictures a worth a thousand words. I get about 10k hits a week, not too bad for a picture album site.

Ryan
THE buzn half duzn

I was hitting the one that was high lighted above. thats a good number of hits. On average how many regals are stolen and posted on that site? Thanks for the web site.

The site is just an online photo album. Started off as a small group of albums where I posted pictures of our local club meetings. Have expanded it to many different albums. The more folks that stroll through it the better the chances are that someone will look at the stolen car album that would normally not view this section of tb.com. TB.com is a great site but folks remember pictures better than text. Just started the stolen car album a few days ago. Just want to help as much as possible. The site had changed there free posting policy and my club stepped in and help save the PICS. Since there is a lot of room, I try to think of different helpful albums to make.
Ryan

That was nice of your club too step in and help you. I found this one on accident. The stolen car section. I was looking to see if I could find a part number for the 78 regal turbo emblem for the cowl hood. I think it just says 3.8 turbo on it as I recall. I have started too gather the parts too restore my car. I figured that since I drove it 2xz last year with the 250 chevy motor that I can afford too gather the parts drive it in the early summer and take it too my dads house and have him try too restore it back to original for me. I got him too goto PA too get the motor and transmission for my car and some other odds and ends. Now im trying too get an original hood off of ebay for my car then I just need a grill and passanger turn lense and then I have all the body parts I need but the emblems.

you'd be suprized what happends to stolen cars, look at every regal as if could be yours. I would have never noticed my cutlass when it was stolen cause it was painted a different color. My bet is you car is trolling around the ghetto's of ATL with some wires and candy paint.

PS: security systems with pagers are a waste of money and thats comming from the professional installer who sold me a cheaper alarm when i wanted that kind. They are for the gadget minded people.

I didnt know they were a waste of time or money. I just see them in mag. all the time. I thought it would be something nice since it would tell you but I could see where it would be a pain because you would get annoyed if it went off a lot. I got a 78 that I got this clip thing that i put a fuse in the ignition under the dash so I can take it out and my car will never start. It was part of this alarm that didnt work right. The alarm was suppose too cut the power too the distributor but you couldnt tell if it was on or off and if it was on and u tried too start the car it would have a spark at the distributor so I took it out. I know the old regals are easy too steal. I had too change the key in mine because you didnt need a key too start it when I got it and all I had too do was take a self threading screw and a pair of vice grips and it was out. Im told you can take a dent puller and acomplish the same thing.

Back