You can type here any text you want

87 GN for sale in Illinois

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

6Turbo6

Selling my 87 GN unfortunately. We are moving out of state and it must go I need the cash to help with the down payment on our new house. I will post a few pics here and if anyone is interested PM your email and I can send more pics.

Car has 107k on it. It runs good and drives great. All stock except for a big mouth air intake kit, chip, & Duttwieler neck on the IC. Also has a custom fabricated aluminum IC scoop that is adjustable. Interior is clean as you can see in the pics. Headliner is sagging in a few spots as happens with these cars.

I was going to finish restoring this car but its not gonna happen, I don't have the time or money at this point. The front clip is mint, the rest of the car has some rust here and there in the usual spots. To make the body mint you would need to fix the rust in the following spots. Rocker panels, doors, trunk lid, and patch in drivers side floorpan. There is a small amount of rust in the bottom edges of the wheelwells. Now for the good news.

I have most of the parts you need for the body. I have a complete floor section with rocker panels and a drivers side 1/4 panel attached still. This is from a 12k GN that was totaled in wreck. I bought this car and parted it out. I also have the passenger door off of that car and its completely rust free. I have a trunk lid off a Regal that is in great shape. All you would need to do is get a drivers side door and you will have everything needed to fix the body. The car looks very presentable though as it sits. I don't want anyone to think this car is really rough because it is not. Would not take much to finish and have a really nice GN.

Asking 8500 obo with all the body parts.

If you want the car without the body parts we can talk about the price.

Attachments

• DSC04303 (Small).JPG
    DSC04303 (Small).JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 928
  • DSC04320 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    DSC04320 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 925
  • DSC04322 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    DSC04322 (Medium) (Small).JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 921
I may bring this car out to the Busse Woods meet on Saturday if there is interest in seeing it in person.

Busse Woods

Bring it to the meet. There should be plenty of interested people there.

Check Midwest Forum. This Saturday is the Midwest Turbo Buick meet. $10.00per person.

Chris, this is Jim (Geno's friend) thanks for showing me the car last night, i will consider although my garage will kinda look like yours with 2 in there. Maybe sometime this week when/if it's not raining we can take a drive & i'll decide after that. Talk to ya soon, Jim

That is one CLEAN looking rusty car... wow! Wish you were closer.... good luck!

Dave C
67 GTX (old school, survivor, 440 4spd Dana)
Turbo car - soon, I can feel it...:biggrin:

Chris, this is Jim (Geno's friend) thanks for showing me the car last night, i will consider although my garage will kinda look like yours with 2 in there. Maybe sometime this week when/if it's not raining we can take a drive & i'll decide after that. Talk to ya soon, Jim

No problem Jim just give me a ring when you want to come out.

That is one CLEAN looking rusty car... wow! Wish you were closer.... good luck!

Dave C
67 GTX (old school, survivor, 440 4spd Dana)
Turbo car - soon, I can feel it...:biggrin:

Thanks like I said its not that bad, I am a perfectionist when it comes to having a clean body car. Thats why I say this car needs a little work to complete it and thats all.

Also I had a offer of payment in the form of a capital one check, I don't think so cash works best here not a BS check out of your credit card statement. And that person knows who they are. Sorry not in the mood to be scammed. (its no one who posted in this thread though)

Some more pics.

Attachments

• DSC04304 (Small).JPG
    DSC04304 (Small).JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 463
  • DSC04310 (Small).JPG
    DSC04310 (Small).JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 459
  • DSC04328 (Small).JPG
    DSC04328 (Small).JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 457
  • DSC04329 (Small).JPG
    DSC04329 (Small).JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 452
  • DSC04332 (Small).JPG
    DSC04332 (Small).JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 449
Ok we got a closing date on our house and the GN must go. I am looking to deal here asap.

I can assure you that the person you are talking about is not a scammer. He is a friend of mine for a long time and this was his first time looking for a GN. The check was for real. He did end up buying one there in Chicago with the capital one check that you were thinking was no good. I told him that your car was a good one to start off with. It's to bad your car would have been sold. If you were to just made a post about the guy I'm sure someone like my self would have told you he was a stand up guy. He did explain about the check and your conversation about the check, I do understand your concerns, but you shouldn't post that he was trying to scam you because this was not the case. I'm not looking to have a board fight, I'm just defending my friend, his intentions were good and so was the check.

Let’s get one thing straight. I respected the fact that you wanted cash for the car and did not argue with you. This check was NOT a scam. Anyone that dells with cars will know what a "Capital One Blank check auto loan" is. I did use it and purchased a car just down the road from you. I have over half a dozen people on this board that has my back and can tell you that I am legit. Think next time before you start bashing people on a public forum. Good luck selling the car.

Back