You can type here any text you want

87 GN for sale in Illinois

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Let’s get one thing straight. I respected the fact that you wanted cash for the car and did not argue with you. This check was NOT a scam. Anyone that dells with cars will know what a "Capital One Blank check auto loan" is. I did use it and purchased a car just down the road from you. I have over half a dozen people on this board that has my back and can tell you that I am legit. Think next time before you start bashing people on a public forum. Good luck selling the car.

It wasn't a bash and I didn't name you publicly. But you just named yourself here about this. Sorry for being worried about be ripped off but it does happen every day to a lot of people. Why didn't you respond to my email after you said "this won't work for me good luck"

I can assure you that the person you are talking about is not a scammer. He is a friend of mine for a long time and this was his first time looking for a GN. The check was for real. He did end up buying one there in Chicago with the capital one check that you were thinking was no good. I told him that your car was a good one to start off with. It's to bad your car would have been sold. If you were to just made a post about the guy I'm sure someone like my self would have told you he was a stand up guy. He did explain about the check and your conversation about the check, I do understand your concerns, but you shouldn't post that he was trying to scam you because this was not the case. I'm not looking to have a board fight, I'm just defending my friend, his intentions were good and so was the check.

I talked to Capital one on the phone and they told that it didn't sound right to them so that one reason I said that. Also a lot of fake checks are being used by people so yeah I am nervous about falling for that. I explained in my email to your friend that cash would be the best way to deal with this and that I could also hold the car with a deposit until he could secure the rest in cash OR that my bank could confirm the check as valid. The only response I got from your friend was this won't work for me good luck. He didn't respond to any emails after saying that so yes that would make me feel like it was a scam even more. I think given the circumstances you would have felt the same. He said I have a check for the car and I am coming out to buy it, who has a check already made out for the exact amount for a car you have not even seen yet? Anyhow to bad it will sell I have no worries.

I understand. Good luck with the sale. Like i said i was just trying to let you know that he was a good guy, and was not trying to scam you.

I talked to Capital one on the phone and they told that it didn't sound right to them so that one reason I said that. Also a lot of fake checks are being used by people so yeah I am nervous about falling for that. I explained in my email to your friend that cash would be the best way to deal with this and that I could also hold the car with a deposit until he could secure the rest in cash OR that my bank could confirm the check as valid. The only response I got from your friend was this won't work for me good luck. He didn't respond to any emails after saying that so yes that would make me feel like it was a scam even more. I think given the circumstances you would have felt the same. He said I have a check for the car and I am coming out to buy it, who has a check already made out for the exact amount for a car you have not even seen yet? Anyhow to bad it will sell I have no worries.
you are living in the dark ages....
Capitol One is Freaking Awesome...I called them on a Thursday and told them I was buying a car ,Friday morning there is a knock on the door ,mail guy with my check,the check is blank ,but good for up to, what ever you tell them you are willing to spend on said car,if I tell them I will spend 10K and talk you down to 8K then I write it for 8K,fax all paper work right then with buyer and seller at currency exchange and call you bank and ask if it went thru....
Now say sorry, for your not knowing and jumping to conclusions.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ..good luck with the sale :smile:

you are living in the dark ages....
Capitol One is Freaking Awesome...I called them on a Thursday and told them I was buying a car ,Friday morning there is a knock on the door ,mail guy with my check,the check is blank ,but good for up to, what ever you tell them you are willing to spend on said car,if I tell them I will spend 10K and talk you down to 8K then I write it for 8K,fax all paper work right then with buyer and seller at currency exchange and call you bank and ask if it went thru....
Now say sorry, for your not knowing and jumping to conclusions.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ..good luck with the sale :smile:

Greetings from the dark ages....

I have not had to sell a car in probably 15 years or more so whatever then. Why would capital one say something didn't sound right? Yeah I know its outsourced to india and stuff so maybe they gave me crappy info? Anyone else wanna jump on me now?

If the car doesn't sell as we get close to our closing date then I will keep it and take it with us to AZ, I am not desperate for cash or to sell but with 2 toys it would easier to let one go.

It's all good. let's not beat up on the guy too much.:biggrin: Well atleast you are more educated in selling a car. What part of AZ are you going to?

Cool deal, I have some friends there in Scotts Dale AZ. Well good luck with the move I'm glad this didn't get out of hand you must be a pretty cool guy.

FYI.....a couple of years ago, I bought a ZR-1 which I financed through a place called PeopleFirst. I'm thinking they were bought out by Capitol One. Basically, they Fedexed, to me, a blank check good for up to $xx,xxx. I then negoitiated my deal with the seller, who was in Louisville KY. After we came to terms on the price, I flew up to Louisville. We were then required to go to a PeopleFirst approved notary (I think it was a Pac-N-Ship)to do the paperwork and title signing. The Pac-N-Ship guy kept the original title and sent it to PeopleFirst. Like you, the seller was a little concerned at first, but after he contacted PeopleFirst, he agreed to do the deal. At that time (2002), PeopleFirst was one of the few places I could find to finance an old musclecar and the rate was like 6.75%. I'm not sure how much has changed since CapitoOne puchased them, but I may consider using them when I'm ready to purchase another GN.

I certainly understand your caution with all the scams these days, but it sounds like he had a similar setup as my transaction in 2002.

Good luck on selling your car, but as with all musclecars, 5 years from now, you'll be wishing you hadn't sold it, anyway :)

Capital One Auto Finance is GREAT! I used them to buy 7 or 8 Turbo Buicks now. 2 of those from BandAid. Maybe you called the Capital One CC company, not CapitalOne Auto Finance.......

Where abouts are you located?
can you send me more pictures of the parts and upgrades?
thanks
steve

car

Where are you located?
can you send more pictures and pics of the extra parts and upgrades?
Thanks
steve

Hey Guys, I've seen this car in person and it is well worth $8000. It is not really that rusty. At the midwest Meet, i looked the car down becuase someone could easily have the car fixed and painted. I would buy it today but I have a Limited on the way as well as a baby all in the same week!! Good luck wih the sale! --------Jeremy

Back