'87 Gn

gusszgs

Hi all, first post. Looking at buying a GN....wanted one for quite some time.
Does anybody Know anything about this a car for sale in Norval, Ont. at a dealer. Can't post the link yet, sorry. It's listed in the Ont. auto trader. Thanks, Jim

Believe it or not, I stopped in to take a look at it the other day, I live in Guelph ont, And I drove passed it on the way to Brampton. Not too bad looking, I had to show him a couple things under the hood because it idled rough. I have one for sale too in simular condition but less kms if you are interested??

Believe it or not, I stopped in to take a look at it the other day, I live in Guelph ont, And I drove passed it on the way to Brampton. Not too bad looking, I had to show him a couple things under the hood because it idled rough. I have one for sale too in simular condition but less kms if you are interested??

Mike, thanks for the reply. Was the car outside? Does this guy's place have a hoist where you could do a thorough inspection? I e-mailed him and he said it was painted approx 3 years ago. Did you talk $ with him?
What year is yours and how much are you trying to get for it?

The car was outside at the time (about a month ago) not to sure where it is stored now. He has a garage on the lot but I did not notice a hoist. I talked trade with him, he was interested in a straight up trade for mine. His is a hardtop and mine is a t-top. Mine is also an 87 and I was asking 16 for it with a lot of nos parts that I have collected over the years. Where are you located???

Guys, check the r/r floor pan area under the carpet, some heavy rust thier. The r/r quarter window area looks a little cheesy as does the crummy repaint. The hood looks terrible if i recall. I seen alot of cars in that time period back in the late summer. Some rust swelling in the L/lower door lip area. steering wheel was quite worn. Headliner needs replacing. Some rust on the rims. Over all not a bad driver. The seller asked me what i thought it was worth. I told him 13 to 14. I was being generous. I think 11-12 would be a fair price. But then again you know how the saying goes," a car is worth what someone is wiliing to pay" Very hard to find a good rust free car in this area. I searched for almost 2 years. Good luck with your search.

The car was outside at the time (about a month ago) not to sure where it is stored now. He has a garage on the lot but I did not notice a hoist. I talked trade with him, he was interested in a straight up trade for mine. His is a hardtop and mine is a t-top. Mine is also an 87 and I was asking 16 for it with a lot of nos parts that I have collected over the years. Where are you located???

Mike,
I'm located in the Barrie area. It's a fair hike, so that's why I posted the thread.
Really had my heart set on a hard top, and was looking in the 10-12k range. I know....easier said than done :biggrin:
I'm not completely set on a GN either, as I do like the T-Type as well and may fit into my budget better. Thanks alot for your info.

Guys, check the r/r floor pan area under the carpet, some heavy rust thier. The r/r quarter window area looks a little cheesy as does the crummy repaint. The hood looks terrible if i recall. I seen alot of cars in that time period back in the late summer. Some rust swelling in the L/lower door lip area. steering wheel was quite worn. Headliner needs replacing. Some rust on the rims. Over all not a bad driver. The seller asked me what i thought it was worth. I told him 13 to 14. I was being generous. I think 11-12 would be a fair price. But then again you know how the saying goes," a car is worth what someone is wiliing to pay" Very hard to find a good rust free car in this area. I searched for almost 2 years. Good luck with your search.

Bird, thanks alot for the info!
Did this car seem mostly stock to you? Any mods?
Thanks again to you and Mike for the info, this really helps me.

I believe it was mostly stock. Try a low offer you never know. It's been for sale for quite some time now.

Ya, it's worth a shot I guess. All he can say is no. Maybe I'll get out there this week if I have time (Christmas and all). And weather premitting:rolleyes:

I am in that area almost weekly, let me know if there is something you want looked at, I have a digital camera and can save you the trip.

Super, thanks Mike, appreciate it.
They emailed me back saying they don't have a hoist to look at it.

Hello, I say that you were looking for a GN or T type, there was a member from my area (windsor Ontario) selling a car Im not sure if it was advertised or not but the member was something like Granny 2, do a search and see what you find on here, I have seen pics and it looked like a really nice car,

good luck

I have one that fits your needs perfectly! email me at chrisborson@look.ca and I can send you some pics. This car is clean, paint is only a year old,no rust on the doors,interior is excellent I think you will like it! I'm in T.O.

If anyone knows of 1986-87 in the London Toronto area, please post here and I will reply ASAP. Thanks, Kevin

I am in Kitchener and need a little more info. The year, the price and the mileage if you could. Thanks, Kevin