You can type here any text you want

'87 Silver T-type somewhat built engine 71K on the clock.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

short_dustin

Up for sale is my new-to-me '87 T-type. Just got it and I'm just seeing if there's interest out there, I will sell the car but I don't have to sell it or need to. This car has following mods according to previous owner, Reds xp pump, 93 chip, Weber ported heads and intake and larger valves, forged pistons, reds volt booster, Kenne Bell fuel pressure gauge, scanmaster, TE-44 turbo, Lunati 200/200 cam, 3" DP, and I think the exhaust is Hooker, 44lb injectors, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 160 degree thermostat, boost gauge, oil pressure gauge, water temp gauge, and built transmission (shifts very firm). I think that's everything. This car is pretty damn fast, one of my other turbo buicks had a te-44 and stock internals and I was running 28psi and I'm running 5psi on this car and it's definitely faster.

There is rust on the doors as you can see in the pictures and a small spot on the quarter panel, the interior is clean and everything works. The previous owner took the A/C compressor off the car but he gave it to me so you could hook the heat and A/C back up. The bumpers are steel painted, and the bumper fillers need replaced which I will probably do in the next couple weeks.

I am not selling this car sight unseen! I have sold a ton of cars in my life (around 35) and the last one I sold was a '87 t-type on here and the buyer was pissed when the car got to his house. I am a honest person and I described the car as best I could. Therefore I'm not going to let anyone else say I screwed them on a car, if you want it you need to come see it and drive it before you pay for it.

Exterior1.jpg

Exterior2.jpg

Interior2.jpg

Exterior46.jpg

Exterior27.jpg

Exterior9.jpg

Exterior3.jpg

Exterior32.jpg

As for the price I would like $10,500 obo. If you don't like the car enough to pay what I'm asking that is totally fine just don't give me your $.02 about how the car isn't worth the money. I'm not asking anyone to appraise it for me. I think it's worth the money, I've driven a lot of these cars and this one is solid, the guy I bought it from really undersold it.

This car is pretty damn fast, one of my other turbo buicks had a te-44 and stock internals and I was running 28psi and I'm running 5psi on this car and it's definitely faster...........28lb boost on pump gas ? this car only running 5psi ?

25-28psi with 2-3 degrees of knock yeah. The boost gauge was broke on this car when I bought it and I haven't messed with the boost yet. Most of the boost on my old car was blow by, it popped the dipstick out all the time.

This is where is went, it's a really nice driver if you ask me. It's got a very clean interior and the motor runs very strong. If anyone has any questions about the car let me know!

JM you're right about that! I'm changing the oil tonight and this weekend I'm going to give it a major cleaning, it's in need of it for sure!

I got the boost deal figured out, the car had a boost leak and is now fixed. I'm thinking more serious about selling the car and my new price is $9000 obo. If anyone is serious and has any questions or wants to take it for a spin let me know! My phone number is 618-364-5501. If anyone wants the car and is too far away to check it out I'm fine with another TB member coming to look at it and driving it.

Thanks,

At the end of the day, something is only "worth" what someone is willing to "pay" for it. That being said, this is a VERY nice T Type and one of MY favorite combos. If i had the money i would make you an offer. Nice car though, someone should be quite happy.

Yes, it is a nice driver...it's not a SUPER CLEAN mint garage queen. If you're looking for a car with some good mods to drive without worring about every little rock chip this will make someone a nice car.

I lowered my price because I feel that's closer to what it should sell for, I still don't need to sell it and if I keep it another month I'm going to go ahead and put ALKY and a XFI system on it then I will keep it for sure.

Thanks for the kind words porsches6lunch!

Yeah I bought it and I'm open to selling it...don't need to sell it just putting it on here to see if there's any interest. Gotta start high ;) I'm pretty well at the point of just keeping it now though...it's the most fun one to drive I've had so far. Really the only reason I would sell it is to get a grand national.

Wasnt this on auto trader forever for 7 K or best offer or did u buy it and are trying to resale?

It is irrelivant what another individual was asking, even if it is the same car. He owns it now and is asking $9,000. Either step up to the plate and cut a deal or move along.

It is irrelivant what another individual was asking, even if it is the same car. He owns it now and is asking $9,000. Either step up to the plate and cut a deal or move along.

Thank you very much for saying something! I didn't want to be rude and say what I felt about bring up someone else past price on a car when it was for sale in another state but I personally felt that was a little shi**y to bring up.

My point just so everyone is clear, it is irrelivant what anyone was asking for a car when they owned it. People lives are different.

There are thousands of reasons one guy might price a car vs another guy.

It all boils down to if your not willing to pay the price a guy is asking for the car he is selling, then move along.

Wow - some of you guys make it hard to sell a car! I agree - it is what it is - who cares what he paid for it.
I love the color - although I am biased - good luck with the sale.

Like I mentioned before I want an 87 GN. So if anyone has a pretty nice hardtop '87 GN that would be interested in a trade let me know! I have cash to boot if your car's nicer than mine.

Also, I've just put a RJC power plate on the car and I have a Duttweiler neck and DLS 3.5in downpipe on the way. So by the end of the week it'll have those on too.

OK! I've had several people tell me my car is "WAY overpriced" I would like some honest ideas of what you guys think this car is worth. To me a 72,000 mile car for what I'm asking is a fair price but I'm to the point that I'm NEVER GONNA SELL THIS CAR, I'll scrap it if I need the extra garage space before I'd sell it. So please tell me what you guys really think this car is worth.

This car needs, doors, impact strips and bumper fillers so I guess I don't know what it's worth, what I DO know is what a 72K mile car that DOESN'T need doors, fillers and impact strips is going for $15K and up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back