You can type here any text you want

87 T roller, chestnust, hardtop, rust free

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Steve

I have a 87 t roller that I want to sell. The car is rust free with a very nice body and it is a hard top with blackout trim. It is Chestnut with tan cloth interior. It is a bucket seat console shift car. The paint is fair and looks OK but does show its age. It comes with the factory T wheels. I will have pics tomarrow. The car will come with everything minus the motor and transmission. It has the wiring harness and ECM along with the radiator. The car also comes with a Powerstroke front mount intercooler installed. $4200

Here are a few pics of the T. They came out darker than I expected and I will take some better pics in the next day or two. I listed the car "rolling" but it does currently have a drivetrain in it that I was planning to remove if someone wanted it rolling. I would also sell it complete with the drivetrain if someone would prefer it that way. It has a rebuilt stock motor with Speed Pro forged pistons and comp 212/212 cam. It has a TE-44, 009's, SS THDP with dump, adjustable regulator, Vigilante mlti-disc converter and a brand new Brian Hoffer 200r4 with transbrake. The car also comes with the powerstroke frount mount and single 3" exhaust(the IC and exhaust come with it complete or rolling) and it has dual fans but they only come with it if I sell it complete. The motor has about 600 miles on it and the transmission has less with zero passes or hard miles. I have receipts for the transmission(I think it was about $1900 but I will double check and make sure) and most other parts. The downside is that the motor has some sort of valvetrain tick. I bought it with the tick and planned to remove the drivetrain and build a Stage motor for it but I already have 2 other projects going and I have another car I am wanting to buy and I need the room. I have not looked in the "tick" at all but the comp cams are notorously loud and I suspect a bad lifter. The motor runs great and the vacuum gauge reads rock steady so I do not think it is the cam at this point. I would sell the car complete with the tick for $6900.

The odometer says 68K but I am unsure if that is correct but just to be on the safe side I will call it 168K. The VIN is on the pic of the trunk tag and if someone wants to carfax it it will likely help figure out the true mileage.

Note--The pics make the paint look better than it really does so keep that in mind. Thanks

Steve

Attachments

• goldt 001.jpg
    goldt 001.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 608
  • goldt 002.jpg
    goldt 002.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 601
  • goldt 003.jpg
    goldt 003.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 602
  • goldt 004.jpg
    goldt 004.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 599
  • goldt 005.jpg
    goldt 005.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 601
I love the car, I am about an hour or so from Kansas City, I love the car, i've been wanting a G body for some time. Would you be willing to trade a 98 intercooled Regal GSX stage 3 for that? it runs great. exhaust replaced in 07, i purchased from a dealer in St. Joseph Mo in july of 07. this is a quick car and has many other mods if you are interested. That 87 is a perfect car for me as im looking for a project also. The gsx is in winter storage right now. Tell me what you think!

I love the car, I am about an hour or so from Kansas City, I love the car, i've been wanting a G body for some time. Would you be willing to trade a 98 intercooled Regal GSX stage 3 for that? it runs great. exhaust replaced in 07, i purchased from a dealer in St. Joseph Mo in july of 07. this is a quick car and has many other mods if you are interested. That 87 is a perfect car for me as im looking for a project also. The gsx is in winter storage right now. Tell me what you think!

Thanks for the offer but I would prefer to sell it instead of trade it because I am looking at another car and I need the room. Thanks

Can you get underhood, trunk, and under door pics? thanks

Can you get underhood, trunk, and under door pics? thanks

I will try to get pics of the items you requested tomorrow but I am on call so it is hard to say for sure. The doors are good and solid.

this is my third time seeing a chestnut,and i like even more with this one.good luck on the sale

Do you know if the car is still a non posi? The rpo says its a peg leg.

Has the car had alot of maintenance done to the front and rear suspension?

There sure is alot of rollers up for sale this week.

BW

It has a posi now so apparently the previous owner added it at some point. The previous owner was an older retired Air Force officer and he was really into turbo Buicks and took good care of it. I have a complete book of records and reciepts that came with the car and I will take a look at it and see waht type of susp. maintenance it has had. There are a lot of rollers for sell right now. I may take the time to check into the valvetrain tick and get that taken care of sell it complete with no issues if I don't find a buyer for it the way it is. Thanks

Here are a few pics I took today that people had requested. I was planning to take more engine pics but the camera battery died then by the time I took care of that(and played a few games of WII with my kids:smile: :redface: ) it was too dark to get more. I will get more tomorrow.

Attachments

• goldt.jpg
    goldt.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 407
  • goldt 006.jpg
    goldt 006.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 397
  • goldt 008.jpg
    goldt 008.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 400
  • goldt 009.jpg
    goldt 009.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 395
I prefer to sell it but what did you have in mind? Thanks

nothing special, just a good dependable economic car worth about the same as your TR. Its the '01 Prelude in the non buick cars section

nothing special, just a good dependable economic car worth about the same as your TR. Its the '01 Prelude in the non buick cars section

Thanks for the offer but I am not in need of a DD type of car right now.

That is just a beautiful car. Looks so good with the factory wheels.

Thanks! I like it also(I am having a hard time letting go of it!). I am usually not a big fan of the T wheels but they do look good with the gold.

An update on the car--I finally got a minute to look at it last night it turns out the tick was just a worn rocker shaft. I had an extra billet shaft so I put it on and no more tick! With that being said I would now prefer to sell it complete as opposed to rolling. I am going to take a some pics of it and start a new post in a day or two. Thanks

Steve

Who rebuilt the engine/trans?

The transmission was built by Brian Hoffer who is a sponsor here on TB.com. I have the receipt for it. The motor was built by Mike Kimmis in Lebanon MO. Mike is a Outlaw 10.5 racer and has a shop.

Back