You can type here any text you want

87 t type police

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a coincidence, my Buick were also signed by Shelby when he came over for dinner. Unfortunately, when I was cleaning the dash I wiped of the signature (accidentally of course) ;)

As an aside, I realize this is only a $5k car but making a representation that cannot be substantiated and that is the basis for the purchase, is a good way to get into a legal bind...

There is more to life than the internet!

Seems like a popular thread! The car is SOLD and the new owner has all the docs supporting the fact that it belonged to the Ukiah Sheriffs dept. While you guys were busy bad mouthing me I was talking with a few serious buyers privately and one of them scooped up on a hell of a deal. Thanks Turbobuick.com:) Turbo39151 I wouldn't have sold you the car for $7000 just because you rub me wrong!

turbonarccar:

First of all let me congratulate you on your sale and congratulate the buyer as well.

Second, I never intended to "rub you wrong" but if that's how you want to take it, I don't really care. All I was asking was if you had documentation to support your claim. How hard is it to say either yes or no?

If you had documentation you'd have said "yup, here it is, here's some pics..."

However, since you didn't and are whining that I was bad mouthing you, I suspect, that you basically "believed" that the car was what you said it was because the last owner told you it was.

That's fine if you want to believe it but to make it the basis of a sale without substantating evidence to prove your claim, that is outright misrepresentation.

Thirdly, All I wanted to know was what kind of documentation would be available to show a "police" option so that I could be a better informed consumer if I was to buy one.

Finally, I have to say that I would not have taken that car even if you would have given it to me. Too much evasion, makes me suspicious.

Enjoy your windfall and have a nice day.:)

the big question is why you think it was such a big deal whether the car was used in police work--practically every major(or minor) city in the country auction off cars that they have confiscated--when they are done with them----there are thousands of confiscated cars that are used in police work on a daily basis---as undercover cars--- welcome to the real world

There is more to life than the internet! I swear...

I swore I was done with this thread since the car is sold, however I just wanted to say: The car was not a confinscated vehichle, it was 1 of 14 vehichles sent to California for specialty police work in 1987. Documentation was hard to produce, but for a nice enough buyer I did so. With that said and the car SOLD, I am done with this thread, now you guys need to find another car for sale and torment the owner, or you could step away from the computer and go wash your car or do some sit ups, maybe bang the old lady or something more productive than trying to hinder an honest sale! Have a great day all you Buick lovers! :D

My point exactly!

This car was represented as 1 of 14 "special" car that were used by the police. Thus, I was wondering what sort of things one would look for when buying such a "special vehicle".

There are many people who are collectors and having a documented history of what they are buying is what gives the item value.

The purpose of my inquiry was not to derail any "honest" sale but rather to shed some light on what sort of documentation a "police" use car would have so that the rest of us who might be interested in such a purchase would know what to look for. Nevertheless, it seems as if the seller either had no documentation or was being less than "honest".

That being said, does anyone have any info on what kind of documentation one should look for in a "police" use vehicle? And no SR71gn, not a confiscated one... (I was never talking about a confiscated one)

BTW: turbonarccar: IF you were really done with this thread you would have not come back... Feeling guilty about something?

My point exactly!

This car was represented as 1 of 14 "special" car that were used by the police. Thus, I was wondering what sort of things one would look for when buying such a "special vehicle".

There are many people who are collectors and having a documented history of what they are buying is what gives the item value.

The purpose of my inquiry was not to derail any "honest" sale but rather to shed some light on what sort of documentation a "police" use car would have so that the rest of us who might be interested in such a purchase would know what to look for. Nevertheless, it seems as if the seller either had no documentation or was being less than "honest".

That being said, does anyone have any info on what kind of documentation one should look for in a "police" use vehicle? And no SR71gn, not a confiscated one... (I was never talking about a confiscated one)

BTW: turbonarccar: IF you were really done with this thread you would have not come back... Feeling guilty about something?

just for the sake of argument and too much time on my hands today ------originally the man with the car said he was merely told the car had been used as an undercover car--but he had no docs to support it---now it suddenly is 1 of 14 vehcles bought in 1987 by a police agency with docs to prove it-- this is highly suspect as most departments have a hard time just buying regular police cars--most all undercover cars are confiscated cars and lease vehicles--

Exactly...

That was the reason for my inquiry. I figured most "different" car that the police use are confiscated. Additionally, there are a few board members with ex-FBI cars. (apparently purchased and modified by police departments-not confiscated)

Therefore, I was curious to know what separated this car from the general public and what sort of documentation one could expect accompany such a purchase.

Historically speaking, it's very interesting to see where these cars have been, just pop in over on the GN X-Ray thread- that guy has all kinds of great info...

i remember back in 1987 when there was an article in the gsextra that the fbi had just purchased (i forget how many) turbo regals and they had modified chips that didnt have the 124mph cutoff--- i still have a bunch of the old issues--maybe ill try and find it later

I swore I was done with this thread since the car is sold, however I just wanted to say: The car was not a confinscated vehichle, it was 1 of 14 vehichles sent to California for specialty police work in 1987. Documentation was hard to produce, but for a nice enough buyer I did so. With that said and the car SOLD, I am done with this thread, now you guys need to find another car for sale and torment the owner, or you could step away from the computer and go wash your car or do some sit ups, maybe bang the old lady or something more productive than trying to hinder an honest sale! Have a great day all you Buick lovers! :D
yoy said it!!!!!! LOL

:confused:

Anyway, I had heard the same thing about FBI cars and there was also mention of about 6-8 Prototype cars that went to some university for experimentation... It was on this board but I don't remember the context.

Anyway, I figured it would be interesting to get additional details.

wow, bringing this back from the dead. look at this code and tell me if anyone knows anything about it. good luck....
t-type police vin.jpg

hello people; I know nothing on police TB but I believe there was someone here with a twin turbo police. Was there such an animal?
IBBY

Just curious. How can you back it up? I have always heard rumor about these cars being used by poilce/FBI... Is there specific documentation to support it?

I'd be interested in buying one as "a piece of history" but without some tangible proof I don't see the point.

Gents Gents!! I think there is a big misunderstanding here. The car was driven by a CI who worked for the police/FBI is what I think he means.....;)

I saw a gold t FBI car once and it had a sleaze in the headliner to hold a shotgun-Jim Accardi owned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back