You can type here any text you want

87 T-type

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
FYI, it's a Turbo T...not a T-Type.

Nice car.

What is the difference between a T-Type and a Turbo T?

By the way, I have put the word out to a few friends that I wish could get this car. It is a very good price. Much luck with the sale...

Mike

What is the difference between a T-Type and a Turbo T?

Mike
Buick phased out the "T-Type" moniker/option package in 1986 for the 1987 "Turbo T" package which changed the logo and option packages. Basically Buick loosened up what type of Regal could be ordered with the LC2 engine. The T-Type was a sport package that included black out trim, T-Type emblems on the fenders, grille and horn button. In 1987 Buick allowed buyers the option of keeping the chrome, choosing a "Limited" and/or having them ordered with the WO2 (black out) trim levels. T-Types did not have this flexibility hence Buick's choice to change the name for 1987. If you ever see a 1987 Turbo Buick it must either be a GN or Turbo T and never a T-Type.

I am very interested....Please send me your number and the best time to call you,Or call me..732-778-2273 anytime

Thanks,Shawn

Nice car for the money. If you were close by I would be very tempted. Specially if underneath looks as good as the top.
Someone is going to get a great deal! ;) Good luck with the sale and the divorce.

Carfax is saying the car should have 191K on odometer.The motor wouldnt run this well with 191k,so i dont know how many miles are on the motor or when it was rebuilt.I just found this out ,so i am being honest.The car is in really good shape!

Buick phased out the "T-Type" moniker/option package in 1986 for the 1987 "Turbo T" package which changed the logo and option packages. Basically Buick loosened up what type of Regal could be ordered with the LC2 engine. The T-Type was a sport package that included black out trim, T-Type emblems on the fenders, grille and horn button. In 1987 Buick allowed buyers the option of keeping the chrome, choosing a "Limited" and/or having them ordered with the WO2 (black out) trim levels. T-Types did not have this flexibility hence Buick's choice to change the name for 1987. If you ever see a 1987 Turbo Buick it must either be a GN or Turbo T and never a T-Type.

Yup. In '86 if you wanted a Turbo Buick it had to be either a T type or a Grand Nat'l. In '87 you could get a base model Regal with a turbo if you wanted to.

But most folks don't know this, including one of the former owners of my car who had an upholstery shop stich "t type" in the head rests. :rolleyes: Go figure.

Call me please

This is Randy I met you at Richie's shop
Call me tonight please
919-291-9860

Damn where was this deal 3 months ago when I had the cash??????? I think I paid too much for my car.

I think this guy is teezing us. I cant get a phone number or any kind of responce, private email or here. Im done

I have been very busy!What you were looking to spend in the pm was not enough.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply!!! Yeah the car looks worth the doe but Im a grand short. Story of my life.

Back