87 turbo t regal..how much is it worth?

slo406

hey all im a newbie..Be nice ;)
Found a 1987 buick regal (turbo-t)1987 buick turbo-t regal and wanting to know how much it is worth..

THE GOODs
-metallic silver/blue (babyblue)
-120 k ;(
-body is perfect except for small surface rust behind rear fender wells *GN hood
-int is all good/converted console shifter
-8.50 rebuilt rear with 3:73 w /auburn posi
-all perf suspension (front and rear)
-converted to bucket seats
-3.8 turbo wiring harness still engine bay
-T steering wheel
-new be cool rad

THE BADs
-has no tranny or engine
-the rust as said before
-the miles
-no exhaust
-needs a new front chrome bumper
(chrome is kinda pity)

He wants 1500 but said would take less.. possibly 1000-1200ish..Gotta see how he stands on it.

Price is fair. But you are going to be knee deep in $$$ to put it back with a turbo motor and trans. Yeah you could by a used motor and trans but how long will it last?

South Bend, salt belt check under the doors for rust and the floor pans also.

Good luck if you buy it.

Sean

I have a perf 406 /500 hp sbc i have been building for the last year or so and a th350 i can drop into it. (got 3g in it)
So the drivetrain prob is solved..Just wondering if this is about right for a car this old and style/model or should i be able to buy GN/monte SS for 1500-2000 or so with no drivetrain?..The floorpans/frame and pretty much all underneath is very clean.

t-type

i just sold a black 1987 t-type. 78,000 miles no rust .t-tops .needed a paint job to be a number 2 car . rust on the body is the big thing.buy only 85,86,87 years hope this helps

The car in question is worth $500 to $800 to me. If youre looking for something to drop a SBC in, buy a regular regal. Theyre cheaper, and the purists wont bitch about you hacking up a turbo car. I bought a 41K non turbo limited in very nice shape with no rust at all for $700. These deals are out there, just have to look.

Re: t-type

Originally posted by steve davis
i just sold a black 1987 t-type. 78,000 miles no rust .t-tops .needed a paint job to be a number 2 car . rust on the body is the big thing.buy only 85,86,87 years hope this helps

How much did you sell it for?