87 Turbo T "Stripper" For Sale....Maybe...

Rob Raymer

May possibly be interested in selling my gold (light chestnut) '87 T.

It has some mods, and I am gauging interest in selling it as-is, or putting it back to stock, selling the parts, and Ebay'ing the car.

Here goes:

105k miles. Hardtop, tan cloth 60/40 bech seat. Power locks, power antenna trunk release, and Concert Sound are the only options I believe it has! The driver seat has one 2" long tear, and the interior is otherwise in great condition. Could use some shampooing I guess. I also have an excellent condition rear seat bottom that I bought so that the factory material could be used to repair the front seat. It's an exact match.

It has aluminum bumper supports, alum rear drums, and a GM posi unit was added.

Performance Mods:

T62 turbo (same as 60-1 p-trim), ATR 3" stainless DP, Turbonetics Racegate, BRAND NEW TODAY ATR 3" Crossflow exhaust system with ATR stainless uncappable race pipe, MSD 50lb injectors, (2) Lubrant Chips (93 octane and race), powdercoated 3" up-pipe, Big Mouth Cold Air kit, SMC Alchy Kit, SMC EGT

Mike Kurtz of PMAC, FULLY BUILT transmission. All available billet parts. Built for 9 second capability (less than 3000 street miles on it, and 5 track passes). Tranny was $2000 alone. ArtCarr 9" non lock-up converter.

Upgrades:

BRAND NEW LAST WEEK, Sony CD Player with XM Satellite, New Pioneer 4 way 6x9 speakers with adapters and new dash and door speakers.
NEW TODAY, Gabriel Ultra shocks, Moog Coil Springs and Energy Suspension urethane sway bar bushings.
Walbro 340 fuel pump with hotwire kit and Volt Booster, billet adjustable FP regulator.
New powdercoated alternator (haven't even installed it yet!).
Brakes were converterd to vacuum. AC was converted to R134a and blows COLD.

Car was professionally painted 2 yrs ago back to the original color. It had a very small amount of rust along the bottom of the doors at that time. The passenger door has some bubbling in the paint at the very bottom. I had every ding removed before painting it by a paintless dent removal company, so that there would be no bondo anywhere but on the bottom of the doors. Paint is probably a solid 8 on a 1-10 scale. Chrome is a 7, looks good, but not perfect. I have a chrome grill and headlight bezels, and also a black grill and black bezels for it.

New 15x8 & 15x7 Convo Pro's, and new BFG 275/50/15's and BFG 235/60/15 tires.

Everything works, including the power antenna and all light bulbs right down to the hood and trunk.

Engine:

Engine was rebuilt 3000 miles ago and runs EXCELLENT. It was kept standard bore, honed and stock pistons were re-used. Block was line-honed, assembly was fully balanced, oil holes on crank were champhered, and high volume oil pump kit installed. Stock cam, new lifters, pushrods, etc.
Heads were given a 3 angle race-quality valvejob, new LT1 springs installed, and surface milled for straightness. ARP head bolts were also used.

I have not ran more than 20lbs of boost on it EVER, and I always use the SMC alchy kit. At 20lbs of boost on pump gas, it dynoed 344rwhp/402rwtq with A/F at a very safe 11.4:1 just last week. I was content with number and stopped there.

I have raced it only one day at the track ever. It went a 12.01 @ 115 on the plain BFG radials. the next pass, the trans started slipping, so I went home. The next week was when I put the new Kurtz Transmission in, which works flawlessly.

What it needs:

1. Possibly front brakes. I can sometimes feel a slight vibration when coming to a stop. Nothing bad at all.

2. It has a small oil leak up front. I believe it is the front cover seal, since we were forced to use a rope seal at the time due to nobody having a neoprene in stock. It does have the neoprene rear seal, which does not leak at all.

3. The front driver side bumper filler is cracked. the passenger side is perfect.

That's it.

*The car rides and drives very tight. Weatherstripping is all in great condition and appears to have been replaced sometime before I bought it. It also has all of the Kirban Body Support Braces installed, and the Kirban Anti-Rattle window kit.

I would think that this care would have to be pretty rare. It has a lot of high dollar parts and has been maintained well over the years.

Price: $10,750.

Extra's available:

1. CAS Stock Location IC, $500 extra if you buy the car.
2. GN Rear Spoiler with correct end caps and hardware, $200.

If it doesn't get much interest here, I'll list the parts for sale and offer it again in stock form.

***I'll post up pictures within the hour....

Thanks!

EXT_1.jpg

EXT_2.jpg

ENG_1.jpg

ENG_2.jpg

ChromGrill.jpg

Stereo.jpg

SteerWheel.jpg

INT_1.jpg

PassSeat.jpg

DRSeat.jpg

Exh_Shock_Coil.jpg

The car looks really nice with the black bezels and grill. Just a mean machine. With the chrome parts and some wire rims you are looking at a true sleeper car. I think she looks fantastic. Dang I wish I had money for it.

I'm somewhat shocked I haven't gotten more responses than I have! This is a BEAUTIFUL car that has over $10,000 in mods alone. After realizing that, I think I'll just keep it.

Just curious, is it the price? the color? the condition? or the mods?
(yep, I asked for it...)

Thanks!

Originally posted by Rob Raymer
I'm somewhat shocked I haven't gotten more responses than I have! This is a BEAUTIFUL car that has over $10,000 in mods alone. After realizing that, I think I'll just keep it.

Just curious, is it the price? the color? the condition? or the mods?
(yep, I asked for it...)

Thanks!

Rust probably scares people.

Thanks for the reply.

And that would be understandable if it had anything more than a VERY small amount of it. But these cars are WELL KNOWN for having rust at the bottom of the doors. It has rust starting to show under the paint at the bottom of ONE door. The quarters, along with the rest of the entire car have none.

Thanks again!

Rob...you listed it on a Friday in the middle of spring for half the country. The traffic on the board is pretty light on weekends but even lighter when the weather is good...at least it is for us southron folk. :D

I'd give it a couple of days before I had a hissy fit and took it off the market in a huff at the lack of interest.

Remember....you asked. ;)

Since you asked for opinions I would say it is the color. I've been casually looking at stuff for sale and something like your car would be very interesting to me except for the color. Good luck with the sale though it seems like a very nice car.

Mike

Good opinions. In fact, I was thinking myself it was probably the color. The time of year didn't even cross my mind, since I sold my GN 2 weeks ago and it brought a strong price.

FWIW, I was by NO MEANS having a "hissy fit". I was simply curious as to why over 300 people had viewed it, but there was so little real interest. I guess I'm just trying to understand what it is that sells, and what doesn't. Make sense?

Thanks again.

Rob I think its a beautiful car and its refreshing to see a color other than black. not that I dont like black, just a nice change.

I think the color looks really nice, especially with the blacked out grill and bezels, but I guess there are a lot of people just looking for the basic black on here.

Rob, sorry for not adding my .02 before, ... but FWIW, I had a N/A 86 Regal in chestnut... I loved it, and so did everyone else that saw it.

It is a unique color, and looks awesome with the blackout package.

good luck with your efforts to sell.

Robert

Rob can you please give me a call at 484-571-1425 im preety interested in it.... think you might be interested in a trade :confused:

Thanks for all of the compliments. I actually drove about 1800 miles roundtrip to pick up this car when I bought it. I wanted this specific type of turbo buick i.e., rare color, stripper, bench seat, etc. It used to belong to a member on this site actually, but it needed paint and some general TLC when I got it.

Anyway, I sold the turbo, DP, WG, and injectors yesterday. It's getting returned to nearly stock as soon as I get home from Florida next weekend (on vacation right now). Probably going to give it one shot on Ebay when I get back. If it doesn't meet my reserve, I'll just keep it. I really love the car, I just don't need it. I've got a lot of other more important priorities at the moment.

Jim, I'd only be interested in a trade if your trade was no more than 1/2 the price of my car. I'd like to end up with some cash in hand once it's gone. If still interested, let me know and I'll give you a call sometime within the next day or two.

Thanks again!!!

Originally posted by Rob Raymer
Thanks for all of the compliments. I actually drove about 1800 miles roundtrip to pick up this car when I bought it. I wanted this specific type of turbo buick i.e., rare color, stripper, bench seat, etc. It used to belong to a member on this site actually, but it needed paint and some general TLC when I got it.

Anyway, I sold the turbo, DP, WG, and injectors yesterday. It's getting returned to nearly stock as soon as I get home from Florida next weekend (on vacation right now). Probably going to give it one shot on Ebay when I get back. If it doesn't meet my reserve, I'll just keep it. I really love the car, I just don't need it. I've got a lot of other more important priorities at the moment.

Jim, I'd only be interested in a trade if your trade was no more than 1/2 the price of my car. I'd like to end up with some cash in hand once it's gone. If still interested, let me know and I'll give you a call sometime within the next day or two.

Thanks again!!!

okay guess the search goes on :( Im basicly in the same boat as you are Im looking something rare and would really like a bech seat car

Rob, Don't Sell.
The car looks great and I think the color is beautiful, and I am not just saying that cause I have one just like it. I have gotten more compliments in the T-type than the GN. The color is not everyones cup of tea, true, but every Gold T-type I know of just plain out flies with minimal mods. Also, now I know what my car would look like with tinted windows, thanks for the pics. Best of luck with it.

Thanks ULOSE! I totally agree. I've had 8 Turbo Buicks since 1987, black, grey, and gold. And I'm sure nobody would believe it, but this car gets more attention, and more compliments than any other Buick I've owned.

The Gold color doesn't show well in pictures, IMHO. In person, it's a real headturner. People seem to love it.

Anyway, it looks like it'll be going on Ebay Tuesday evening for a 5-Day auction. It's getting a fresh built (never ran) Extreme Automatics transmission (good for 10's), and a stock converter installed this weekend. Along with a stock turbo, DP, actuator, and 30# injectors with stock chip. The new ATR exhaust, Big Mouth cold air kit, 3" up-pipe, maf pipe, and new powdercoated alternator will all remain. I'll also be installing a beautiful set of newly silver-powdercoated valvecovers.

I forgot to mention earlier that I also installed a Viper alarm with keyless remote and trunk release. This is also included.

Gas gauge has started to work intermittently, so I will install a new sending unit this weekend also.

New price: $8950 Firm

I'd rather sell it here to an enthusiast, but if not, I think it'll have no problem selling on Ebay. This really is a nice car.

Thanks again!

Rob I am VERY interested and yes I am yelling that out loud lol :p can you please send me some more pics of the car and some contact info... I just need to work out the detials with my dad like i told you before but I am still VERY interested....:cool: :D