You can type here any text you want

87 WE-4 Full Documentation

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

waderaces427

I am the second owner of this garage kept 87 Buick WE-4. The overall condition of the car is very good to excellent. I have placed approx. 15k miles on the car( current 70k) since I purchased it from the original owner. I have complete documentation from day 1 on the car and all receipts for work. Here is as complete of spec as I can recall:

1987 WE-4- original paint (fillers replaced 07) and interior
New brakes front and rear Feb 06
Stock shortblock and heads (except for comp cam springs done by Fred at Turbo Tech)
TA-49-ceramic coated (port matched)
Big Mouth Intercooler
Ceramic coated ATR Headers(stock headers included) and Ceramic coated ATR Downpipe
ATR Stainless exhaust 2 1/2"
Belltech spindles and shocks (stock spindles included)
ATR rear swaybar (stock sway bar included)
Double Pumper fuel pump
Alky Injection
Scanmaster
2 New rims on car in boxes
4 original WE-4 wheels with good centercaps
ATR 7th injector not installed on car included
Absolutely no disappointments
$15,500 obo no trades unless original mini with conversion
Call Jason 954-568-9881
waderaces427 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hi

what options does the car have? Do you have any interior pics?

Thanks
Jack

Additional Photos + window sticker

Jack,

I will post more photos of engine and interior tom. Also, I have a file with the window sticker and build sheet as well;however, it was too large to attach thru TurboBuick- I think.

Jason

Jack,

I posted additional pictures to the photobucket website. The trunk photo with codes is blurry. If you would like any additional shots let me know. I also have an image of the window sticker if you pm me I will forward to you.

Jason

we-4

Yes very nice. Is this car still available? Are you anywheres near Calif. I would sure like to see it if you are. Thanks Lynno

I thought the WE-4's did not have power windows? For the "lightweight GN' coined terminology. I am probably wrong here, but am looking for an answer to educate myself.

Thanks,
Mike

Lynno, yes the car is still available in Fort Lauderdale

Regarding the "lightweight"

"1987 also offered a lightweight WE4 (Turbo T) option which is extremely rare today. Only 1,547 of this variant were produced (they essentially replaced the T-Type package although the T was available on V8 cars as well). They were painted black and treated to the same blackout package as the Grand National, including bumpers, grille, headlight and taillight trim. The differences between a WE4 and the base Grand National were the interior trim package, wheels, exterior badging, aluminum bumper supports, and aluminum rear brake drums as opposed to the Grand National's cast iron. The rear spoiler was only available as a dealer installed option. 1987 was the only year that the Turbo was available on any Regal 2dr model making it possible to even see a Limited with a vinyl landau roof and a power bulge turbo hood."

The power windows were an option albeit not a "heavy" option. I looked thru the original sales brochure for Buick to see if there was any other language but did not find anything.

I have a great article from Muscle Machines about the WE-4 if anyone is interested shoot me an email.

Thanks for the reply, I was not trying to bust out, and you did not reply as such. Kind of inquiring for myself. I am in the market for a turbo car and have recently learned about the WE4 cars purpose and all.

Thnaks,
Mike

we-4

Would you ever consider taking this car on a 3,000 mile road trip? would it be reliable enough to make such a drive. With all it comes with(extra Parts) would it be wise to transport? Also with all the upgrands you have done can a back yard mechanic (with a little Turbo Buick savy), work on such a car without puling his hair out trying to solve problems. Would this car pass emission tests. That is the big question today in Calif. Thanks Lynno. By the way what a beauty.

Lynno,

When I purchased the car in MO, I drove it to Florida almost straight thru. Also, the car was loaded with all of the spare parts including 6 rims. We do not have emissions here in FL but I do not think it would be a problem. I have a high flow cat but right now I use the test pipe in place of the cat due to no emissions. In regards to working on the car roomy and straightforward.

Jason

Back