You can type here any text you want

87GN vs 01 Mustang GT

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Robes87GN

Bench Racing Hater
This isnt a kill post, but might be in 4-5 months, when my baby is back together. There is a mustang here where I go to school who is the "top guy" to beat in the area I guess. I am not sure on the year, but a newer style Mustang GT with nitrous, superchip, underdrive pulleys and whatnot. With this combo, we raced this past year. I went from idle and my bad trans kicked out at 60. We were talking when the light went green too and he got a car jump before I even touched the gas. I was still gaining on him bad (in street trim). I heard the nitrous go in his car (125 shot) and his tires spun a bit. My pursuit slowed but I was still walking my 3-car deficit before my trans missed 2-3. He said he is pushing 400+hp right now and is adding some headers, MAF, and something else to give him another 40+ hp. Do I have any chance here? My car is proven 12.2 with slicks, 12.8 in my post. After a good tune and a fixed trans (new clutch packs, 3000 stall, and Art Carr shift kit), I should be able to rock him, right? I am getting 28x11.5 Hoosier Quick Time Pros next year too (instead of 26x11.18 Nitto 555R DR's). RJC Power Plate added, as well as Comp Cam valve springs, and ported heads (3-way valve job). Since then I have taken out my backseats, sound dampening, and AC. Basically, Low 12sec street trimmed GN (hopefully) vs 450hp Mustang.

Thanks for the self-esteem boost guys, but can I get some more input? I want this to be on tape for money.

You need a bigger Turbo ( TA 49 or better Te44 ) and bigger injectors ( 42 or better 50 ) with a good chip and a front mount later on. With the Turbo and injectors and a good chip with good gaz ( 104 octane ) and your set-up with a new trans and 3000 stall Torke you will walk easily that guy. ;) Gilles.

I dont have that much money. Tranny work will be done this spring. 3000 stall converter 9", Art Carr shift kit, and new clutch packs.

can someone loan the man a turbo and injectors? ;) i would hate to hear about a TR getting wupped by a mustang on NAWWWWWWS! sounds like a good race. good luck.

-jeff

ruststang

GN.. paid 11,000.. te-60,..3"DP,.. red stripes..all came with it.....44,000 miles...spanking the stangs on a regular basis!!!

....almost more satisfying than my SII GN....well... naw... but, DAMN CLOSE!!!

It is amazing how many people do not know what a turbo regal is, or can do!! The looks of horror are enough to keep me happy!....as grandma's 6cyl. regal flies by the new GT or SS or TA or.......

To be back in H.S. now what I wouldn't give !! all that fried rice!! I envy you!!:D :D

When I raced my 96 Grand Marquis for fun, everyone raced me. When I bought my GN, no one wanted any! This car will never leave my grasp, ever. This guy with a fairly quick S-10 said hed whomp anything around. I am like, all right, let me go get my buick. He asked what engine, and I am like, just a v6, nothing special. He said, "It's not that GN I have seen driving around is it?" "Sure is." "F*ck that" he said and drove away. God, I love this car. I bought this car when I was still in HS last spring. I hated going to class and being able to see it in the parking lot. Those were the classes I did my worst in because all I did was look and think about my car. I better beat this guy, its going to be for money and on tape. When I get the tape, I will post it on here for everyone to see.

Back