You can type here any text you want

87tt has a hiccup,cant find problem,anybody seen this ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbojack

I have a 87tt mostly stock,85k miles,comming home from work 2 weeks ago it started to stummble/hiccup It wouldnt let me go faster than 40 or so for the rest of the way home (all highway driving),it keeps feeling like the ign key was shutting off then right back on or it would feel like it was studdering,if you let up on gas,it slows down but keeps running but at a measly 30-35 mph,,it never dies at idle,,,,Ive ckd the fuel pressure,37 idle,40 to 43 going down the road,changed out ign mod and coil pack w/known good one,no luck,ckd all vaccum connections/hoses`,all ok,today I re-did the engine grounds on the pass cyl hd,,no luck,still has a studder,,looked at TPS,all good here,,the radio never looses its clock setting so I`ve ruled out a bad battery cable. As I drive along and it starts acting up (which is just out of the drive way),I`ve wiggled the ign key to see if that helps,no luck. This car stars pefect,idles perfect,but it wont stop that studder,on-off,on-off,on-off act,you can drive it around the block at a 15-20 mph clip with no problem,but when you step it up it starts its act up,,,,any suggestions here ? I`m at a loss from here,HELP ! ! ------Jack

Power wire to the Ecm.?

Off the battery. Maybe under acceleration it looses contact?

Ive had the exact same problem on a camaro before and it ended up being the MAF going bad. If you have another known good one or a friend that could let you borrow one then try that.

I had similar problems, and it was one of the hoses in the air intake. If the hose between the MAF and the turbo comes loose or leaks, then there is air coming in that isn't metered, mixture goes out of whack. Same thing happens if one of the hoses between the turbo and the throttle body comes loose, but those are usually easier to spot, because they make a lot of noise when you start to get boost.

87tt--studders/hiccups

Thanks for the replys guys,,I ckd the orng wire to the ECM,all ok,,ckd MAF hoses for leaks and/or tears,,all OK there too,,was thinkin bout the MAF,I have a good hot air maf,wonder it that`ll work just for testing purposes,if it wont,I could use my 3" LT1 maf w/the translator,but its set up for 50# inj,so maybe it wont either,,,I`ll just keep pluggin along here,its just sooo damn frustrating these Electical demons,and I cleaned and ckd the reluctor ring and sensor too,still no luck-----Jack

MAF---maybe the problem ??

camaro75racer said:
Ive had the exact same problem on a camaro before and it ended up being the MAF going bad. If you have another known good one or a friend that could let you borrow one then try that.

I repl the maf with my 3" LT1 and translator plus(I have this setup on my 84tt),,,now it runs like it used to(actualy better now),,,YEP,it was the MAF all along,,thanks for the help,,,,,see ya ,,Jack

Back