89 Camaro computer readings different from TR?

Thanks alot, ill talk to buddy and get codes. Im pretty sure its tps low, but will verify.

OK first off, the mafs on these cars are just as junk as the buick ones. I've been through all this crap more than once with the POS I had. First off, the MAT is under the rear of the plenum. WIth headers, watch where the wire is on your 02 and make sure it isn't lying on the header. You can get rid of ALL the AIR system but you have to leave the solenoids connected and eliminate the AIR tube to the cat and knock the cat out also. I don't know what 02 is in there but I highly recommend a denso. Back probe with some thin wire into the TPS harness and check for 5v reference with the key on. you should be able to ground it on the battery or on the TPS ground itself if I remember right, don't see why you couldn't.

Go through the flow chart, yeah I'm still a member here:redface: Third Generation F-Body Message Boards Also check resistance between points. No reason it shouldn't check out good. Take your time, shouldn't be too hard to figure out. BTW, over 400whp is capable on the stock intake, don't know how they're doing it though

Roger that 400 rwhp...this thing is absolutely a pleasure , as the average tork comes on fast and never goes away. Very BOP like. And it reminds me of the great manners of a 383.
It does give 5v with key on , then down to .19 engine on, with gnd at battery or at tps. Short story is, it acts perfect key on, then crazy engine on. 100% consitant. So you think air solenoids need to be left on.? I will get him to dig the valve up and try connecting.
o2 is happy. So is there a flow chart you have a site for? Thanks alot.

What is your tps set at with throttle closed key on? Yes the two air solenoids HAVE to be hooked up along with egr equipment unless you have them disabled on the chip. ALso make sure your scan tool isn't in diagnostic mode. Let me know what you find out. I'll get back with you tomorrow.

It is at 0.52. Then , as said , becomes .19 engine on. No scan problem as it is the one i use on all other cars including gn since 2001. May be onto something, as he's never had the air valve on since this problem. Egr may also be !. I told him to get the valve out and bring it, it may be a few days. I hope his chip man will answer your question. Thanks alot .

I rode in it last night on 70mph cruise and watched the tach twitch, or pop up as a small miss occured. It wasnt always at same time...anyway, a coil and wires fixed all drivability issues. I have fussed at him about cooking those wires and to get protectors. Anyway, it runs great , and w/o the miss, the ecm should relearn a proper mixture making it even better over time. But the tps still cant be right and engine rpm's run too high on cold start. I reckon that is burned into chip. So, it is now consistant with how well the 305 behaved...only the mystery of the tps voltage continues, albeit, symtomless. Ill still put on air valve and check.
BTW- Its weird a coil didnt hurt wot. Maybe cruising was lean enough as to be harder to fire off than wot.

Strange. Well I'm out of ideas. The only thing I can suggest is going to thirdgen.org and post over there. Those guys do some creative stuff and seem to know their sh!t. If they help you out make sure you post back on this thread. I'd like to know the outcome.