You can type here any text you want

89 s10 front mount intercooler?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

benmorgan82

I have an 89 s10 with a 87 gn turbo set up. I am wanting to change it over to a front mount style intercooler for a few reasons. Obviously it will allow for more hp but even better for me it will allow for much more roome under the hood.

Has anyone on here done this? What should I be looking for?

Another question i have is there a certain amount of distance i should allow between the intercooler and radiator? this truck is a street driven vehicle that is just 4 fun.

how did you get the manifolds to work on this setup and what down pipe are you using?? Im currently trying this on a 99 with airbags...

Well I actually inherited this from my late uncle, but from what i know about it he did alot of trial and error. the factory headers are used but the cab has been modified and the engine placement is critical. there is only about .250 clearance between S10 and engine on things like downpipe steering arm. I know the downpipe is custom and is 3". He built his own mounts to get placement as good as he could. i wish i could help you more but i am in the process of learning about it myself

Back