'89 TTA Intercooler, Know who makes one?

RANDALL

Banned
Looking for an intercooler for '89 V6 of stock size and that mounts in original location. Anybody know who makes one?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Grump,

What are you trying to tell me? A GN intercooler is the same or BUICK GN is a dealer/distributor somewhere?

Thanks for the reply.

You are wrong.

But a STOCK GN will bolt in just fine. Stock versus stock they are slightly different.

A PTE SLIC, for example, will not fit in a TTA.

Jason

we used a CAS V4 in one.. dragged the ground a little bit running over a bug in the road. :p :eek:

I stand by my statement. :) A PTE SLIC won't fit without nodding the neck or shortening the core. It hits the swaybar.

I do like your comment about the bug in the road...I feel that way with the stocker!

for sure a PTE slic will not fit in a TTA I tried and tried and it would not fit. Maybe if I had cut stuff up and banged with a hammer, but I just sold it instead. I now have a Jim Dunn slic and it works great!!!! It is very low to the ground too though

No luck w/search...

Hello,

Is there anybody in there?

Just nod if you can hear me

Is there anyone home?

He's also in my signature. Last link there ;) they are made by Keith Mease. Jim Dunn is about the only guy who can get Keith to make them! :D And they are amazing!

If the car is stock.. just get a stock IC from a GN and be done with it.

Its a no hassle install.

If the car is heavily modded and you plan on faster than an 11.0 in the 1/4 then look for the updated IC.

many of us have run low 11's on a stock ic

i thought the tta incooler had more fins compared to the gn or something? the gn will fit - but aren't there some differences?

i thought the tta incooler had more fins compared to the gn or something? the gn will fit - but aren't there some differences?

Fins per inch was greater. Outside physical dimensions are exact.

You will not be able and document any performance difference between the two.

Actually a Dutt neck GN IC will whip a stock TTA IC anyday. If you use injection.. no need for a bigger IC. I got $$$ that i'll bet.