You can type here any text you want

9" vs 12 bolt

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
We just did JD's TTA by purchasing a 9 inch from Moser for a 3rd gen and having the housing ends for a 4th gen(99 Camaro) put on. The Brackets that hold the calipers are different, as are housing ends.

Rotors, calipers, brackets, etc are different.

Razor said:
We just did JD's TTA by purchasing a 9 inch from Moser for a 3rd gen and having the housing ends for a 4th gen(99 Camaro) put on. The Brackets that hold the calipers are different, as are housing ends.

Rotors, calipers, brackets, etc are different.
So then you used all the ls1 brake components?

Jason

Quiky One said:
So then you used all the ls1 brake components?

Jason

Correct. And you must specify year and style of brakes. There are a few variations to 4th gen brakes.. The latter 99+ are what I decided on. I had a local wrecking yard pull brake lines, calipers, caliper brakets, etc. I bought from GM the E-brake assembly, lower brackets, etc.. Etc.. etc.. :redface:

Wish they had the ends to use the TTA brakes.. that would have been +++++

Razor said:

ummmm thinkin here :confused: ...I know Currie sells the stock brackets for the 9" Ford so you can use the original brakes :cool:

Razor said:

I got my 12 bolt from Moser with big ford housing ends and it came with instructions on how to make the stock brakes work. Very simple actually, opened up the center of the backing plate a bit so the bearing will fit through it, made up a thin spacer ring that goes between the bearing and retainer, and drilled a new bolt holes.

What about the moser Ford 9" thru Spohn at http://www.spohn.net/product.cfm?productid=1338 according to Steve you can use your stock brakes. He sends instructions with the rear on what needs to be done. You do have to send him your stock backing plates or he can get some for you at an extra cost. Wouldn't this work for those that did not want to upgrade to the LS1 brakes?

Jas89TTA said:
What about the moser Ford 9" thru Spohn at http://www.spohn.net/product.cfm?productid=1338 according to Steve you can use your stock brakes. He sends instructions with the rear on what needs to be done. You do have to send him your stock backing plates or he can get some for you at an extra cost. Wouldn't this work for those that did not want to upgrade to the LS1 brakes?

Yes exactly, thats who I got my 12 bolt from. You dont have to send him your backing plates if you have the ability to machine them yourself. I did mine myself. This applies to any rear with big ford housing ends, which is most aftermarket 9", 12 bolt, and dana 60 rears.

My car has a Currie 9 inch and the brakes are not TTA. I have the slightest idea what they are. So chuck another one up.

Would have been really nice to have been provided with a rear that utilized the old discs and brakes as a direct bolt-in. But Moser said they couldnt help.

Razor said:
My car has a Currie 9 inch and the brakes are not TTA. I have the slightest idea what they are. So chuck another one up.

Would have been really nice to have been provided with a rear that utilized the old discs and brakes as a direct bolt-in. But Moser said they couldnt help.

pay peanuts ya get monkey's :eek: :p

Back