92 coupe and a 600 crotch rocket!

blackshoebox

Staff member
Well, as i was cruising out to dinner with my g/f i just happen to catch a glimspe of mustang head lights coming up on me fast. So sure enough this 92-93 coupe flys by and then drops it in 2 about 3 cars infront of me. So i dropped it into second and as soon as the guy heard me, he floored it, so i did the same.:D It seemed like he was in reverse:eek: By the tops of third 110-115mph on the scanmaster, i was about a bus and a half out and walking, then out of no where this bike flew up next me, and gave me the "lets run look" so i floorboarded it again, and to me surprise he was only a bike length or so out on me from 40-100 and then he just seemed to creep away to about 2 full car lengths out, and then i shut off at about 135:eek: The mustake later caught up and said his car was somewhere in the 12's. I have my doubts for as bad as i walked him considering he had the 2 cars and the jump. Considering how long the race was with the bike, I am sold on the smc alky, i had 21 psi and only 2 percent of knock(which happened on the second race with the bike, when the car was running a little hot, like 175.)

Shoebox

bsdlinux

Haven't spoke to u since I installed my alky kit so let me fill u in... I ordered the dual nozzel setup, but only ended up using one nozzel cause I didn't have a FM intercooler and from what I was told the dual nozzel is pretty much over kill unless u have a FM and are running a TON of boost... I have the stock location stretch intercooler like Alex (blackshoebox) and after a couple of passes and turning the alky up slightly I was able to get 24lbs of boost with 0.2 percent of knock... I'm very happy with the kit and currently I'm running 21 to 22lbs of boost and usually don't get more than 0.5 percent of knock... I don't know what your plans are with your car or how much boost u plan on running, but if your going to use the stock location intercooler and run the same boost as Alex and I'm running I would just order the single nozzel like I should have, although, later on I might go to a FM and run more boost which requires the dual nozzel setup... Either way get an alky kit cause I'm sure you'll like running the same amount of boost that u run with C16 on pump gas safely:) BTW, good kill Alex!!! It seems like your having fun with your drunk shoebox;)

Steve

ok i dont know much about turbos or anything so please dont laught at me....but i have to ask in order to learn...what is knock?how do you get it? it a bad thing??

thanks

Knock is a very bad thing. You dont want it.
Its actually detonation in the cylinders. When they talk about knock retard, it is the computer sensing detonation and retarding the timing.
The higher the boost or timing is set, the more likely it is that detonation will occur. Detonation is pre-ignition, i.e. the cylinder is being fired too soon, and this will destroy internal components. Running better gas, and these alcohol kits help. They lower combustion chamber temps, as do a 160 degree thermostat.
HTH.

so how bad is like .5 knock on the "scanmaster"...whats a scanmaster?

Brick

Thanks for the update. It just goes to show you that more is not always better. My plans are like yours. Take it one step at a time. I will add a FM later. So ot sounds like I need the single nozzle setup as well.

ShoeBox

Again, nice kill. What impresses me most is keeping up with that bike. The bike rider had to thinking what the HELL?????

Buicks Rule!!!!

scanmaster

FATTIE92

A scanmaster is a tool used by most turbo buick owners that race their cars, well the smart ones any wayz :rolleyes:. what it is is its a little black box that plugs into the cars computer system and basicly tells you what your engine is doing, how much timeing retard u are getting due to knock, if your running lean or rich (which is basicly too much air = lean and too much fuel = rich, knock occures w/ too much air, or running lean) or your volts or a couple other useful tuning devices. there are many diffrent kinds of scan tools on the market, from hand held things u plug in, to laptops that run programs and give you all the diagnostics on one screen, and are much more percice (and more $$$).

to anser ure other question, .5 knock is not too bad at all, but of course none is better :)

thanks for the reply,, much appreciated.

"knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens."

Yeah, it is better to not have any knock, but a little won't hurt anything and from what've heard u should really start worrying when u have over 5.0 percent of knock on the Scanmaster and when u hear that POPPING noise or the big POP cause that means u blew your head gasket and that definately isn't a good thing:eek:

Originally posted by Turbojorge
Great kill shoebox! Keep showing those crapstangs who the real kings of the street in florida are.

I try to as much as possible. ;) U come up to fudruckers in ft.lauderdale on sat night?? Lots of good racing and some interesting characters too..If u come up let me know on here, ill meet you out there.

Shoebox

Ps. Lots of ****stains to pick on, but there are a few that a really fast.

I've never been up their on Sat. nights. I've been to the towers on Fri. nights like twice. I've never seen more than like 3 GN's though. I usually stop by when ever i'm on my way to the track cause it's right their. It sounds like alot of fun, but its like a 45 min drive for me, plus I hear the cops aren't that friendly.

I'll let you know through. Thanks for the info.
Later.

At fuds, the cops aren't really around unless you go to a few of the spots around there were every1 races. Thats when they get a little ticked. Is the miami "schene" as crazy as i have heard, like big money street racing and what not??

Shoebox

"1986 GN
148K AND NEVER BEEN OPENED UP!
SOME BOLT-ONS.....
IT'S IN THE 12'S
KEEP BOOSTIN'

ATTENTION MUSTANG OWNERS:
WE BUY JUNK CARS."

Are you trying to tell us that you own every Buick ever made?:confused:

(As I step into nomex flame suit!)

Originally posted by Reggie

Are you trying to tell us that you own every Buick ever made?:confused:

(As I step into nomex flame suit!)

You drive a mustake, welcome to the flame zone:D JK
Na, sounds like your mustang(well look at that, i didn't insult the name) actually moves?;) Have tons of friends with stangs, and we rag on each other, they call my car tank, SHOEBOX, among many other choice words, especially when they check my tail lights. All in good fun though. Keep that in mind.

Shoebox

No doubt. Just havin a little fun on Friday afternoon, waiting for work to end :D

Originally posted by blackshoebox

You drive a mustake, welcome to the flame zone:D JK
Na, sounds like your mustang(well look at that, i didn't insult the name) actually moves?;) Have tons of friends with stangs, and we rag on each other, they call my car tank, SHOEBOX, among many other choice words, especially when they check my tail lights. All in good fun though. Keep that in mind.

Shoebox

Theirs nothing like a crapstang when your having a bad day at work or where ever.

So reggie, how many whoopasses inspired you to come on this board. I'm taking a national servay and your one of the many, many, many mustang owners.

Well Turdbojorge, your "servay" doesn't apply to me, as I have yet to lose to a GN (guessing that that is what you are referring to as whoopasses). I am here because I used to own a GN and like to see who posts more BS kills, TB.com or clubsi.com!!!!

Oh wait! It just occured to me what your are asking: How many GN's have I whooped before I decided to come on this board? Let's see....unfortunately I can't count that high! j/k I haven't had the pleasure of racing any (wait I take that back, I raced one in my 90 stang in El Paso. I had faster ET, but I broke out, so techinically he won but not in my book:) ).

Flame away!

Originally posted by Turbojorge
Theirs nothing like a crapstang when your having a bad day at work or where ever.

So reggie, how many whoopasses inspired you to come on this board. I'm taking a national servay and your one of the many, many, many mustang owners.