92 Oct Thrasher Chip

PaulRV6

I thought I would try one of these for the money but need your opinion on the anti-theft and or stutter option. Are the options worth getting? How complicated is the anti-theft option? Thanks

paul

Get the anti-theft. I've heard too many complaints about the stutter so I didn't get it with mine.

Once you get used to the anti-theft, its second nature and you don't even think about it.

I just got one and installed it saturday. I'm using it in my wife's car. We got it with the anti theft feature, no stutter. Anti theft is easy to use. I have read that the stutter doesn't work all that well and it wouldn't get much use in her car anyways. On a side note: the open loop idle is really nice. So far, we're happier with the thrasher than any other chips we've had in the car.

On a side note, with a Thrasher chip, you won't be able to pass emissions if you have testing in your area, due to the open loop idle...

Actually, the "problem" with the stutter on the Thrasher chips is that no one used it properly. Tom put proper procedures on his web page, but no one read it, had problems, and complained - basically killing the option. Kinda like an old wive's tale.

Always worked correctly for me.:)

what is the web site address? and if i buy the 100 oct what else do i need to do to the car besides the gas? will it even help on a stock gn? thanks

Ok, now that I am going to order one, where do I go to get one?

Is it only the stutter and anti theft options for the 92 street chip?
How exactly do thess options work or is it on a webpage somewhere. Thanks for the hekp folks.

paul

Sorry, won't tell ya how the anti-theft works. All I'll say is it's simple and quick.
I got my chip from Russ Salerno:
www.thrasherchips.com
ordered it on tuesday, recieved it on saturday.
read up on all the info on Russ's site, there may be some TPS/IAC adjustments you may have to make in order to get the "optimal" smooth idle. My car was pretty close to the preferred values so I didn't adjust anything, just installed the chip, reset the ECM, and went for a drive. Chances are if your car idles nice already, it will not need adjustment.
45 PSI fuel pressure at idle with vacuum line disconnected is also another requirement of the chip.