92 Octane, What kind of performance?

54Rich

OK, so I read about the 93 octane cars and really good performance, so I'm wondering about 92 octane? Since it seems that is all I'll be able to get around here.

Here's the deal, don't have the cash for a ALKY system, unless someone has something in the used market? I'm going to want to drive this car, if spring ever gets here.

I have some 009's to replace some wore out originals, so I have to get a new chip anyhow.

Here's what I have:

009's
Power Plate
Upgrade to the fuel pump and wiring
Adjustable Regulator
Stock Turbo
No Cat exhaust
4" big mouth with LS1

I think that's about it. Any idea of what it's capable of? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Rich

Rich, check out this thread (Street Tune-16PSI on 91 Pump Gas) in the Time Slip and Combo section, it might give you a ballpark idea.

Mark

I have run 7.12 at 98mph with a 1.67 sixty foot on 93 octane at 17psi of boost in the 8th mile. You just have to have a lot of airflow going through the engine to get it done at this boost level. Try to do some porting on the stuff you already have like the inlet bell of the turbo. The outlet of the turbo to intercooler, intercooler to up pipe, throttle body to upper intake. Pull the heads and intake and port them. Do the headers while your at it. This will help out and won't cost you an arm and a leg if you do it yourself.

Years ago living in Mich 91 92 oct was the norm When i came to visit in Va 93 was the norm surprisingly i couldn't tell too much difference.