93 Octane

Good drivability and building a foundation for a few more mods is all I was after.

BTW, I am planning on popping a valve cover to check the springs (I have no idea if they are stock) is there an easy way to tell if they are stock or upgraded?

Don't know who you got the car from but they are an assclown. I have gone to look at cars at dealers that required premium fuel and the sales guy would throw in a couple gallons of 87 for the test drive. I'm looking at them like OK you're and idiot. So cheap it's silly.

I totally agree with you never run anything but premium if the cars says run premium. When I bought my wife's Sky Redline I came across the same thing, they wanted to put 87 in the tank. The car calls for 93 but the book on this car will tell you, you can run 87 octane and the computer will compensate for the less octane and you won't hurt the car but you won't get all of the power either. And I guess that is the same as the GN did back in the day.
It has a tune and I run nothing but 93 anyway. 25lbs of boost on 93 octane in the Sky! sweeeet.

So it sounds like your wategate actuator and solenoid are functioning as they should. This is what I was concerned about.
Awesome, in all honesty I know that I did not offer up all the right information in the beginning, but I also did not know what the right information was. Thanks for the insight and the advise.

Awesome, in all honesty I know that I did not offer up all the right information in the beginning, but I also did not know what the right information was. Thanks for the insight and the advise.
None of us knew anything about these cars when we first got them.