You can type here any text you want

'94 S-10 w/trailer hammers the Saturn

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tim87tr

Obsession or Digression?
Well, I wasn't going to post this, but it just seems funnier the more I think about it and tell some friends at work. My daily driver is a '94 S-10 4.3L, 4dr, 4wd, 142k mile Blazer. We were making a 2 hour trip puling a 6x10 trailer to pick up a piano for my daughter. While we were in a divided highway portion, I notice the Big wing up ahead of us.

I thought, it's just a kid who doens't know any better. Then I see, as I pass, big 2 foot tall SC2 stickers on the rear quarter. Then the grand finale, NO HOOD! After seeing that, I knew I had to give that car some grief.

Eventually while we were cruising about 45-50 mph (I had slowed intentially), saturn boy decides to pass. As he pulls out to pass, I just nail it (divided highway). The funniest thing is I start walking him, trailer and all. I can guage his position since he is back there by the utility trailer. Once I reach about 75, he backs off and follows.

We finally get into traffic and he passes while I am slowing for traffic in my lane, giving me the fart can rev and grin as he goes around full throttle, which wasn't too impressive :rolleyes: . I told my kids with me that's a ricer, even though its a domestic. And please don't ever get one of those :D . Wish I had a video tape of it, especially if it had been on the return trip with the piano on the trailer.

On a side note, a newer Dodge Stealth with the low wing in back gives me a rev at a red light while I'm in the GN, t-tops out, nice night. Stealth boy had a couple girls with him. He nails it off the line, and I leave just after with no boost or even brake torque about 1 to 2 cars back. I really had not planned on laying into it, but that rev he threw and taking off fast, kind of irratated me. I see my friend in the passenger seat just whip his neck back to turn to see the Stealth dissapear in a flash. I shut it down before 60 mph. I bet he doesn't mess with any more black boxey whistling cars anymore. I did have the boost controller knob set at around 22 psi with my 100 oct Xylene tune though. These cars are a lot of fun :D

It doesnt matter what country it is made in, any car can be rice

The stealth must not have been a twin turbo or it would have been much closer

I love trailer racing

I had a Coke machine in a trailer behind my Windstar. The right lane after the intersection ended and these 3 kids in what I think was a Tempest (one the lousy late model ones) tried to take me. I pulled at least 3 van and trailer lengths on them and then they had to follow me for 3 miles before the next road came up. I was laughing so hard.

you the shiznit

Sum beotch, man! How much Xylene do you have in the Blazer? C'mon, I know you put something in there. Only a man that lives in bumf*ck egypt such as yourself would even race somebody pullin' a damn trailer. You're nuts dude. Completely.

I was laughing my @ss off reading that!

blackbuick87, do the twin turbos look the same as the base model? I looked for badges the few seconds at the light but it was at night. I mainly remember the low profile wing on the back. How fast do you think the twin turbos are? I had mine on 100 octane tune, 22 lb boost.

BJM, yea, hahaha......that's what it was, trailer racing :D . We were laughing so hard also. That was the funny part about it, his car and us laughing so much about what happened.

Hey Tom, just 87 in the Blazer, but it does get better mileage with the 93 octane :D . I have actually thought about using a gallon of Xylene in the Blazer to clean out those 142k injectors. Got some new plugs and wires to install this weekend, it should be flying now :rolleyes: .

Just got off the phone with Sean, guess I'd better bring my car up to look at while he puts his motor in. He gave me the line about knowing how to install the rear main seal in my T, which I need to do sometime soon :p .

Stealths are the same car as a 3000GT only with diferent styling, the turbo model is 300HP and most of the turbos are AWD (I think). The non-turbo has a respectable 220HP. They are very heavy though, like 3600-3700 lbs, making them the slowest of the 90s Japanese Sports cars. I believe the turbos run mid 14s stock. So, a stock Stealth is no match for a GN with a few mods.
Side note: I was neck and neck with a N/A 300Gt (220HP, 3400+LBs) in my 1990 N/A RX-7 (160HP, 2800LBs). So a N/A stealth would be nothing to a Turbo6 car, you've probably got him by 4-5 seconds on the 1/4 mile (he's probably done with the 1/8th about the time you finish the 1/4).

Originally posted by 1987MCSSAeroCou
Stealths are the same car as a 3000GT only with diferent styling, the turbo model is 300HP and most of the turbos are AWD (I think). The non-turbo has a respectable 220HP. They are very heavy though, like 3600-3700 lbs, making them the slowest of the 90s Japanese Sports cars. I believe the turbos run mid 14s stock. So, a stock Stealth is no match for a GN with a few mods.

Thanks for the info, I will know what's for dinner next time :D . He took off pretty fast but when I hit second is when I went past. I may have gone faster than 60 also :eek: , because I looked in the rear view to switch over in his lane to turn into where I was going and had hit the brakes already. Also, I did have the 100 Xylene mix in for the track outing this weekend and was at 22 lb boost. It ran a consistent 84 mph, 8.2 to 8.4 on my Nittos (I don't have slicks yet).

you need some 1/4 mile times. Sounds like somewhere in the 11s to me. If you cruised at 84 for the rest of the 1/4 you'de still run a 13.56, hehe.

Originally posted by 1987MCSSAeroCou
you need some 1/4 mile times. Sounds like somewhere in the 11s to me. If you cruised at 84 for the rest of the 1/4 you'de still run a 13.56, hehe.

That was the second time I ran the car, last year on a quarter mile for a 13.2 @104.6. If you take the eighth mile times 1.54 you will get a rough quarter mile time, so about 12.8 on that one. 11's I wish :D . My experience with this car at this level is you gain 20 to 22 mph speed over the eighth time. I still have the stock turbo.

While we're on the topic of killing rice with tow vehicles I have one. I was driving my dads 1994 dodge ram 4x4 with about 135k miles and towing a snow mobile style trailer with two golf carts onboard. So I roll up to a red light and theyres a black honda civic sitting there. Im not sure if it was a vx or cx or what but ive never heard of one of them whatever it was. He has the typical 4"exhaust and huge white rims and what not. he car was lowered really far and the front wheels were leaning in. It was sad. So I yell over to him "hey whats wrong with your wheels?" He screams "F**k you a**hole, this car will beat your sh**ty a** truck any day!!!" So I reply " Well there no need to be rude, I guess we'll have to see about that." very sarcastically. I built up some boost at the redlight and floored it when it turned green and to my surprise got some tire spin, must have bee from the trailer attached. My sh**ty a** truck whooped this rice rockets butt with ease. It was funny seeing him whiz past me at about 80 with the bird flying as I was pulling into a gas station for a pack of smokes. What a nred.

Originally posted by mygrain
While we're on the topic of killing rice with tow vehicles I have one. I was driving my dads 1994 dodge ram 4x4 with about 135k miles and towing a snow mobile style trailer with two golf carts onboard. I built up some boost at the redlight and floored it when it turned green and to my surprise got some tire spin, must have been from the trailer attached. My sh**ty a** truck whooped this rice rockets butt with ease. It was funny seeing him whiz past me at about 80 with the bird flying as I was pulling into a gas station for a pack of smokes. What a nred.

Great trailer kill :D hahahaha. I did not know there was so much trailer racing going on out there :cool: . Who's next on the trailer smackdown?

I dont have any "towing" kills but I do have one that would be a truck bed full of "stuff" kill.

I have a full size 90 GMC 1500 with 300k (yes, thats 300 THOUSAND) miles on the bone stock ORIGINAL TBI 305 and 700R4. Needless to say its tired/slow but it runs fine for a beater. I have no idea why the trans hasnt crapped out 200k ago and the TBI 305 prolly didnt top 165hp when it was NEW (maybe thats why the trans is still alive is due to the 305 not having enough hp to wear it out???).. :D :D Truck is STOCK right down to the single mom n pop exhaust shop installed "pee shooter" single exhaust with cat (hey, it was CHEAP).

Anyway, I had been to Lowes and picked up 15 twelve inch cinder blocks for a home project that were in the bed. I also had a complete 10 bolt rear for this truck back there that I had got from a bone yard the day before (too lazy to take it out before going to Lowes :D ). Got a across the bed tool box with ~150lbs of various "stuff" in it. Had a bud riding with me that prolly goes ~250lbs and Im 240lbs.

We end up at a light beside a new ford focus. We noticed it had an "SVT" badge on it, a huge exhaust tip, and the required monster tach with shift light mounted on the dash. I guess the guy driving noticed my bud and I were snickering/flat out laughing at his "hot rod" so he threw a few revs at us.

I asked my bud if I should give it a go with the ol beater truck and we agreed that we hadda atleast "try" for the hell of it. I brought the eng up against the converter and waited for the light to change. The whole time "focus SVT" guy is revving the wee outta his stuff. The light changes and he gets me by ~1/2 a car but before we are across the intersection (its 4 lanes wide) Im gaining on the guy. Another few feet and Im dead even. My bud and I are rolling laughing as we walk right by this guy whos revving/shifting the heck outta the focus.

By the time we get to the next light we are laughing so hard our ribs are hurting, half crying, etc. Needless to say focus guy wont even pull up beside us again...

I guess since the only thing missing on the ford was a wing that musta been why we out ran him :confused: :rolleyes: :D

Good Kill

Yeah, I can see the video with the Piano- that would be an internet classic! Great kill...

My GF and I were going to the Wal-Mart SuperCenter in her 2 dr Accord (no rice goodies- it even has hubcaps, 4cyl) and some guy in a white Geo Storm had a 3.5-4" fart can and a medium tall spoiler on the back, with something I couldn't read and then the word "performance" on a decal on the back window. The really funny thing is he spend money on the exhaust tip and the decals, but his front fender and hood were all wrinkled up (Krylon over the wrinkles). So anyway, we pulled up next to them and I couldn't help but start laughing. And once traffic opened up, he started weaving in and out of cars, and there was a car in the left lane turning left that he went around and that lane was clear for quite a ways after that, all we could hear was "waannnhhh" from the fart can. I had never seen anyone shift three times before the car "looked" like it was accelerating.

My new van is a slug

My trailer story above was with a Windstar. Now I have a Montanna, what a slug. Carrying the family today with maybe 200 lbs of stuff in the back , no trailer, I got beaten by a Focus driven by some woman and what looked like her elderly mother. They were trying hard though. GM vans are pretty sad.

Yea the 60degree V6s from Gm suck, both the 3.1 and the 3.4. Gm should of droped the 3.8 in that engine bay.:rolleyes:

great thread!!!

Hey Tim, great thread here! I love hearing about everybody who has beaten ricers with their daily beater drivers. I must go out and prep the F-150 for some rice on the way home from work so I can join the ranks here. :D

Re: great thread!!!

Originally posted by Tom87GN
I must go out and prep the F-150 for some rice on the way home from work so I can join the ranks here. :D
Next time you're down here at the Turbo garage, I'll hook the trailer up to the S-10, and you can line up with it in the F150. So when you fly by me in your truck, you'll know it will give the ricers a Big smackdown :D .

Screw that noise, beyotch. I'm gonna drop it down into 4-wheel low and drive over his Top Fuel wing to try to make it smaller. Then, when he gets out to bitch at me, I'll step out onto his head, then ask him why his entire interior is yellow (if I can hear over his fart can). And why can't I see his taillights? Oh, but those blue headlights that blind the piss out of everyone makes his VTEC go faster. :rolleyes:

Ahhhhhhhh! :mad:

I have a trailer kill story. This happened yesterday as I was coming back from California on I-10.

I was cruising along nicely at 70 - 5 under the speed limit - in my '96 Dodge Ram 3500 with the Cummins diesel. It's had a few goodies thrown at it, and it scoots right along from a stoplight because it has a 4.11 rear end. But on the highway, I had never gotten it over 80 :(.

Anyway, I was about 50 miles inside Arizona after coming through Blythe, California, when a mid-90s Integra with big huge APC stickers on all the windows and a fart can passes me. He had California plates and I thought at once that I might have a problem when he pulled over in front of me and immediately slowed to 65. I moved to pass, but he floored it. I moved back into the slow lane, hoping against hape that he had gotten the message. He hadn't. In fact, he had slowed to 62. Maybe he had something against Dodges (I was trailering my Charger). Now, my truck isn't a hot rod, but I was getting pretty pissed off. So I waited until there was a long straight stretch, then I literally stood on the gas pedal (I wasn't touching the seat) and watched the boost gauge go from 15 to 35 in a matter of seconds.

As I blasted by the Integra, I checked my speedometer - 85! I'd never gotten over 80 before this. Now, he saw me doing this, and tried to accelerate to cut me off, but he wasn't fast enough, and I cleared him by at least two trailer lengths by the time I pulled back into the slow lane. He pulled off the freeway about 20 miles later - but never tried to cut around me again. One of my mirrors caught the look of horror on his face as he was beaten by a TRUCK. LMAO

Back