96 Mustang Supercharged/w NOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool87GN

I've had alot of problems lately with my GN. I can't seem to build boost out of the hole (ever since I got my passenger header welded). So my Buddy stops by tonite and calls me out. He has a 96 Mustang GT with a Paxton Supercharger (10 PSI), NOS (75 shot), Nittos, 4:10 gears, exhaust, and all the trimmings. I had no choice but to run (he brought a mutual Friend with him). I tell him we have to go from a roll (without boost I had no chance). So we leave at 30 MPH. I was running 92 octane and 17 PSI and I win to 100 MPH by 3 cars (he said he hit the nitrous late). But he never gained any ground... :mad:

Congrats on the run :)

I seem to have the same problem with my Turbo.
I have a TA49, and it seems to not want to build boost off the line either. It will go like mad once its rolling, though.
I think my drivers header is leaking a bit, but I am also wondering if my wastegate puck is sealing well enough. You might want to check that as well. The only other thing I can think of is the turbo to intercooler alignment. I had that problem a year ago, and it really dragged on my lag time. Hope that helps a bit.
Keep up the sweet kills. :D

Converter

AC 9". Ever since I had the header welded, I've had this problem. It must be the DP puck...:mad:

he he good smack down! must be disheartning to spend 3k on a supercharger and 500 for the no2 and only have a 12 second car if hes lucky!

He's spent over 6K so far...

He's spent alot of loot on his car and he just started his payments. Too bad I didn't have some real fuel in the GN and I could have cranked up the boost!!! He's going to up his NOS shot for the next encounter (insider info). I have a leaky drivers side header as well. I need to get ready for the counter punch... ;)

V8, Supercharger, NOS,410's and he "STILL" lose's to a family mans V6 powered Buick. When will they learn????? :confused:

Jeez, you are proud of beating the worst 4.6 ever made? Even with that SC and nitrous, I doubt he would be in the high 12's. Unless he had ported and polished 99+ GT heads on his car, then I am none impressed.

Originally posted by 1WE4
Hey Mudlicker.....ALL 4.6's suck! Enough said!

Great argument you have there. Please enlighten me with some more of your brilliance on why all 4.6's suck.

Why are all the posts starting to go negative? Try to relax and enjoy the fish stories................Keep your eyes on the spinning vortex...............You are going to sleep.........sleep.........sleep.....As you float up and outside of yourself you can see the pain of negativity that surounds you in a dark menaceing cloud. You have the power to sweep those clouds away. From this moment on when things start to go negative you will come to this quiet place and wait until the evil darkness goes away. When I press enter twice you will wake up, and calmness and tranquility will prevail. Later.....Danny

4.6s suc?

my brother has a 4.6 in his cadillac ETC. i believe they call it a "northstar" rated at 300 hp and 295 ft/lb of torque. For a completely stock, factory car, it is fast. he and i have out run several rustangs while out cruising. i am going to disagree on the statement of all 4.6 engines suck.

Originally posted by Mudstain

Great argument you have there. Please enlighten me with some more of your brilliance on why all 4.6's suck.

In your first post you said it was the worst made, then you climb on him.

Other day at a light the was a late Mustang in the left lane, Ranger in the middle lane, and I on the right.
Mustang was a convert., and he and the guy in the Ranger were *yelling* about how fast the Mustang was.
Light turns green.
I rolled into it enough that slightly lite the tires at the cross walk, and then punched it for a couple seconds (was a 55 zone), slowed down to 35 and they both stayed slow enough not to catch up, hehe.

Personally I think the ford modular motor is a great engine. If it had the after market support that the small block chevy has it would be unstopable. It just takes time for an engine design to mature. To make an omlet you have to break some eggs. It took 60 years to get to the ls1, and it has its little problems if you take it past the factory perfomance level(don't even try to rev past red line) The ford 4.6 has come 90% of the refinement of the small block chevy in less than 10 years. I wish they would spend a little money on the 3.8. How about three or 4 valves per cyl., and over head cam with variable valve timeing. Just my humble opinion. Later.....Danny

I'm not very impressed with the 4.6 Ford motor. When I bought my '00 F150 XLT I test drove a model with a 4.6 and another with the 5.4. Both trucks were identical in every way down to the rear ends. The 4.6 motor was a dog out of the hole and even in a punch at a roll. The 5.4 smoked the tires hard enough that I lat to let off to hook. Needless to say I went with the 5.4. I think Ford should drop a 5.4 in the Mustangs. All the added torque would work miracles of they could hook.

Just my O2's worth.

By the way, great kill!!! :D

mike,

in a truck, your going to need a lot more torque, i had a 00f150 also with the 5.4 triton and it was a great truck.

the 4.6 has tones of potential, were running close to the ls1's bone stock with a lot less displacement, if the aftermarket was there it would be huge. these things rev to the sun

as far as 4.6's sucking

i don't have any complaints, not too many cars passing me :)

I personally think the 4.6 is a much better motor than the 5.7 LS1 if you are going to put a supercharger or turbo on it for the simple reason that they come with lower compression... I've heard from a couple people that the LS1s and LT1s are like hand gernades waiting to blow if you don't go into the motor and lower the compression... However, the LS1s are better on spray and if you do the motor with heads, cam, intake, or a stroker kit they are better than the 4.6 with the same mods for the reason that they have more displacement and higher compression... Either way they are the two best for the V8 crowd, but I personally think Ford should have stayed with the 5.0 cubes and updated it like chevy did with the 5.7, because out of the box the LS1s simply kick blue oval ass!!! Also I wonder why ford built a Truck to be faster than their pony car... maybe the mustang should get the Lightnings 5.4 SC motor... OH YEAH BEEFCAKE YOU EVER RUN INTO A MODDED GN IN OHIO???:D :D

my friend has a 1998 mustang cobra with a 4.6 4 valve, its fast enough. and he has a 96 gt with a 5.4 truck engine(from a wrecked expedition) and a supercharger. He wont take it to the track because he knows he'll get kicked out for not having a cage, but i watched him race a 10 second 5.0 both on street tires and it looked like a burnout competion, VERY close race. the exterior of the gt is bone stock, ultimate sleeper

ls1's have not even come close to running what the 4.6's are running we have them covered by over 2 seconds i believe

as far as the cobra getting beat by the lightning, i'm not sure where you get your info, lightnings are 13.8 or so stock, cobras are 13.2

btw, haven't ran into a gn with enough to woop me in cincy, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.