You can type here any text you want

A Beautiful Day in Texas

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Who Needs 8

Alright Jan, where are your pictures in front of Windsor Castle? LOL :biggrin:

Southforkgatesmall.jpg

southforkgatehousesmall.jpg

Southforksmall.jpg

Found a nice tree lined road, Fall In Texas:
FallTreessmall.jpg

TreesRearsmall.jpg

Here are the high res pics: http://community.webshots.com/album/497321493zlYpde

Wow, did you bring your stetson as well :)

Ok, you got me I just have to take mine to Windsor castle now .... just have to wait for a nice day .....

Jan Larsson said:
Wow, did you bring your stetson as well :)

LOL, the Stetson won't fit . . . LOL, actually, I'm a Texan, born and breed . . . and I still have never owned a Stetson :eek:

Texas isn't so bad

We have a 3 acre lot in Granbury along the Brazos river, and we dream about a new home in that gated golf course, leisure community....I like your pictures, that spot isn't far away from Granbury :)

Attachments

• Brazos River Lot.jpg
    Brazos River Lot.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 164
I'm definately contemplating a return to the big state. I was there in the early 90's and although it took some to get used too I loved it. Gotta love 70* weather in December, being able to use your right to arm yourself(unlike NJ), no state tax. I'm sure I could go on.

Anyone know the info on the power companies there? I was looking into Austin Energy recently.....

There comes a day when you look around and will beg, borrow and steal to give your daughter something better, somewhere else that she couldn't ever get here......

trading t/a said:
I'm definately contemplating a return to the big state. I was there in the early 90's and although it took some to get used too I loved it. Gotta love 70* weather in December, being able to use your right to arm yourself(unlike NJ), no state tax. I'm sure I could go on.

Anyone know the info on the power companies there? I was looking into Austin Energy recently.....

There comes a day when you look around and will beg, borrow and steal to give your daughter something better, somewhere else that she couldn't ever get here......

There is a nuclear power plant between Granbury and Glen Rose....:)

trading t/a said:

I hear Enron has some openings. LOL :D

I have nothing to base this on . . . but I'd stay out of the Power Industry in Texas for a little while. Because I think we're going to have another Enron on our hands.

Who Needs 8 said:
LOL, the Stetson won't fit . . . LOL, actually, I'm a Texan, born and breed . . . and I still have never owned a Stetson :eek:
hehe, me too! I have only owned 1 pair of cowboy boots in my life too!

Hey Lee, I've been skiing past that spot on the Brazos a thousands times! If you spend any time on Granbury Lake, have you ever noticed the Blue GS Corvette boat out there? Blue with white racing strip and red interior.

2QUIK6 said:
hehe, me too! I have only owned 1 pair of cowboy boots in my life too!

Hey Lee, I've been skiing past that spot on the Brazos a thousands times! If you spend any time on Granbury Lake, have you ever noticed the Blue GS Corvette boat out there? Blue with white racing strip and red interior.
Haven't spent time on the lake, just the river so far (below the dam). I like to float the rivers, its fun for us. Next time I'm down there for any length of time, I'll try to get hold of you :)

Being from Wyoming originally (Plus being short and bald) with roots close to the ground and the edible fauna of the West, I have a lot of stetsons and c'boy boots ;)

lee

Hey 2QUIK6,
You got two small red stripes on the left side of the boat too? ;) :biggrin:

George :cool:

mr.turbota said:
Hey 2QUIK6,
You got two small red stripes on the left side of the boat too? ;) :biggrin:

I didn't mean to imply it was my boat, but we did go look at it as it was for sale not long ago and its docked out at Granbury, when I made an offer, the guy had decided it would have to be a package deal and have to buy the GS Corveete car that matched the boat..he had both.

Yes, it does have the red marks on the front side. Its a one of a kind boat that Malibu made, there is not another one like it in the GS colors.
Has a Calloway 383 stroker motor producing 425hp!
Here's some pics.

Attachments

• 2699grandsport_boat.jpg
    2699grandsport_boat.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 65
  • GSBoatInterior.jpg
    GSBoatInterior.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 54
  • GSBoat383Stroker.jpg
    GSBoat383Stroker.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 35
I wonder if his insurance is high for the boat, being a Corvette? :biggrin: ;)
Thanks for showing the pics!
It sure looks great!

Back