A better relief valve?

A "relief valve" holds back pressure until a certain value, then it "relieves" or "cracks". When it cracks open all pressure goes thru.

You install one between your compressor's pressure port and wastegate actuator. If it set at 15 psi, the actuator will see no pressure until 15 psi. Then when it cracks the WG will pop open.

A stock actuator set at 9 psi will actually begin opening at lower pressure. 9 psi is just the point when the WG is open enough that boost can't rise any further. At ~5 psi the waste is partially open. This slows the build up of boost (more lag). With a relief valve, the door (wastegate) is either open or shut, no in between - more precise boost control. Plus they are adjsutable.

You don't need to win the auction. Read the description, he will send the instructions for $1. (I'm scared to, something doens't seem Kosher :eek: )

I was thinking the samething...Iwonder if anyone on this board has already gotten it. I don't mind sending a buck, but hate to be ripped off even for a buck. I think I will post the link in Offtopic and see if anyone has this or.......

I just purchased one from Dustin (Sinful6) on this board. Check out his thread. Looks good, I have yet to connect it.

Dannyo

For $35, I'll pass.

In Dustin's first post there is a link to a picture of the relief valve he is selling. Cut the address down and you see it goes to a Honda Civic website. In that site click to see their ebay auctions. You'll see it's the same valve I found on ebay for $10.99 plus $5.99 shipping. (I thought that image looked familiar.)

So does Dustin work on Civics and sell on ebay for ½ price, or did he use the instructions like I linked above and then "borrow" the picture from the civic site? :confused: ;)

I prefer supporting TR vendors and other TB.com members, but I'm not going to give my money away to do so.

Hmmmm! I see what you mean after reading your response. Not much I can do now since I already purchased the item. :rolleyes:

I think I need to do a little more research next time.

Thanks for the info!

Dannyo

Me & Turbo-Rich have been running these for quite a while now & they work great at reducing lag & easily (no cutting the actuator rod) upping the boost. You can make one dirt cheap;)