a body spindle & brake upgrade

luisturbog

UNDERDOG HOT AIR !!!!!!!
I was wondering if anybody had the info on upgrading to "A" body 12" brakes! ???

I was wondering if anybody had the info on upgrading to "A" body 12" brakes! ???

I did it to my car. Its b-body/f-body brakes, NOT A-body .
MAKE SURE THE DONER SPINDLES ARE FOR MID 80's B BODY ( caprice classic) 12 INCH BRAKES. Some had 11 inch brakes and wont work . Make sure they come with the backing plates.

You need the Hotchkis upper a -arms part #1101C
70-74 f body caliper. napa # CAL SE4610 for right , CAL SE4611 for left
70-74 f body caliper bolts ( 2 packages) napa UP 82203W
70-74 f body pads napa # UP UP728A
90 camaro 1LE brake rotors (2 each) napa # NB 4885994
90 camaro inner bearing (2 each) napa# BRG BR6
90 camaro outer bearings (2 each) napa BRG BR34
90 camaro oil seals (2 each) napa NOS 19984
90 camaro dust caps (2 each) napa BK 7302438
85 caprice spindle nuts ( 2 each) napa BK 6301523

Hope that helps.

Here is a pic of the stock brakes next to the 1LE brakes :

Attachments

• 1117247643_e6a9e31808_o.jpg
    1117247643_e6a9e31808_o.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 462
Thanks for info! Will try finding those spindles! Hopefully not to hard to find! U wouldn't happen to know the casting # on them just in case I run in to some at the junk yard that have been stripped of the rotors.

I did it to my car. Its b-body/f-body brakes, NOT A-body .
MAKE SURE THE DONER SPINDLES ARE FOR MID 80's B BODY ( caprice classic) 12 INCH BRAKES. Some had 11 inch brakes and wont work . Make sure they come with the backing plates.

You need the Hotchkis upper a -arms part #1101C
70-74 f body caliper. napa # CAL SE4610 for right , CAL SE4611 for left
70-74 f body caliper bolts ( 2 packages) napa UP 82203W
70-74 f body pads napa # UP UP728A
90 camaro 1LE brake rotors (2 each) napa # NB 4885994
90 camaro inner bearing (2 each) napa# BRG BR6
90 camaro outer bearings (2 each) napa BRG BR34
90 camaro oil seals (2 each) napa NOS 19984
90 camaro dust caps (2 each) napa BK 7302438
85 caprice spindle nuts ( 2 each) napa BK 6301523

Hope that helps.

Here is a pic of the stock brakes next to the 1LE brakes :
what brake hoses did you use?

Can't you just use the 1LE spindles, rotor and caliper?

Thanks for info! Will try finding those spindles! Hopefully not to hard to find! U wouldn't happen to know the casting # on them just in case I run in to some at the junk yard that have been stripped of the rotors.
I've got a set I'm not going to use if you're interested. The rotors you want are off the 3rd gen F body with 12" rotors and the caliper is the standard large GM B body one. You can use the stock brake hoses.

I've got a set I'm not going to use if you're interested. The rotors you want are off the 3rd gen F body with 12" rotors and the caliper is the standard large GM B body one. You can use the stock brake hoses.
Ok! So I'm not limited to the early f body caliper? B body caliper from mid 80's caprice would also work? & how much are u looking to get for those spindles?

Ok! So I'm not limited to the early f body caliper? B body caliper from mid 80's caprice would also work? & how much are u looking to get for those spindles?
The only difference in the F body 12" rotor and the B body rotor is the bolt patern. The F body has the same bolt pattern as the G body cars so it's a direct bolt on.

I'll take $120 plus shipping for them. I can post some pics of them for you if you'd like.

if you use global west negative roll upper control arms with this swap you get improved caster angles for better steering and handling in the corners, i did this along with their lowers for a sweet handing upgrade, they also have del-ulum bushings for these,
not cheap but i like them. very nice qaulity and the wow factor, good luck, rob

if you use global west negative roll upper control arms with this swap you get improved caster angles for better steering and handling in the corners, i did this along with their lowers for a sweet handing upgrade, they also have del-ulum bushings for these,

Pix would be great
Took a little longer than I expected to get the pics for you but here they are. No dust sheilds unfortunately but no stripped threads and you can see where the ABS sensor was in the pics. The shafts have heater hose on them to protect the threads on the studs.:) They aren't light so keep that in mind.

DSCN0001.JPGDSCN0002.JPG